New M820 frame from Seraph/TanTan, the E67.

Cyclewolf

Sep 18, 2023
Germany
Hi Temon10,
i'm also interested in the E67 Frameset and just want to ask you if you can confirm the 440mm Chainstay length?
Two further question came up:
1. How is the Battery inserted?
2. Which Damper will you use?
I once had a bike with a not 100% intended Damper and this was no Problem. Finding a modern 200x58 Damper seems to be hard - impossible.
Greetings !
Cycle

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Hi Temon10,
i'm also interested in the E67 Frameset and just want to ask you if you can confirm the 440mm Chainstay length?
Two further question came up:
1. How is the Battery inserted?
2. Which Damper will you use?
I once had a bike with a not 100% intended Damper and this was no Problem. Finding a modern 200x58 Damper seems to be hard - impossible.
Greetings !
Cycle
1. Downtube size is the same with LightCarbon. It's not removable, If u want to swap battery U have to release the motor first.
2. I will use FOX DPX2 Kashima 200x57. It's easy to get.

And Yess, chainstay is 440mm legth.

Cyclewolf

Sep 18, 2023
Germany
Thanks Temon1o, you helped me a lot and quick!
So i think the E67 is a good chice for me.
Luckily i prefer smaller frames, so M should fit perfectly which seems to be the only size available for this frame.

Cyclewolf

Sep 18, 2023
Germany
Another important question: Has anyone ridden the E67? If yes, how does the rear end/damping (sorry, for missing words) feel? The System reminds me on my 2017 Specialized Enduro that worked very well.

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Another important question: Has anyone ridden the E67? If yes, how does the rear end/damping (sorry, for missing words) feel? The System reminds me on my 2017 Specialized Enduro that worked very well.
Mine on slow build. Now is the part of building battery and extender, next repaint the frame and than build fullbike. Maybe Mid October will be finish.

TQFreak

Dec 2, 2022
USA
It looks like Dengfu works on the new lightweight frame (E69) for m820 motor.

It looks like you should be able to slide the battery off the frame without removing the motor out of the way. I like it better.

Untitled.jpg

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia

It looks like you should be able to slide the battery off the frame without removing the motor out of the way. I like it better.

Untitled.jpg
I hope so, and also hope they make their own battery case.

gido

Sep 3, 2018
slovenia

Untitled.jpg
Where did you find this, is there a full geometry list?

spokémon

Apr 4, 2023
Australia

Untitled.jpg

You probably should start a new thread for this frame before it gets out of hand.

The Seat Tube Length indicates a Size L frame, but the Reach seems a bit short for a Large.
Very steep Seat Tube Angle. Seat Tube Insert Length looks very promising.

HiGrade

Founding Member
Feb 7, 2018
Bay Area, CA
Greetings from California.

And I'm interested in the LCE929.

Did you find out why there's a difference in the overlaid graphs of axle position? It seems you were referring to a discrepancy in the attached geo charts regarding RC.

Most build advice is in the LC930 thread but I like the the longer shock and thinner top tube of the LCE929 and I reckon it holds a bigger water bottle.

I'm interested in a factory-built battery kit preferably 540wh, with a battery extender. Any word on when those are going to be commercially available?

My goal is to narrow down my battery and accessories parts list from all this discussion, and get into the build!

I'm still trying to understand:

-43v motor and battery vs. the other voltages in comments.

-how to purchase and setup range extender: Wait until main battery is low, and connect it to the charging port in series; or use dual battery connecting hardware and use both in parallel?

-is Large available?

-should I wait until the batteries I want are commercially available, or is there someone in USA who builds and sells small orders?

Cheers!

2023-2024车架目录_11.png

Freda

Feb 5, 2023
Vaasa
Greetings from California.

And I'm interested in the LCE929.

Did you find out why there's a difference in the overlaid graphs of axle position? It seems you were referring to a discrepancy in the attached geo charts regarding RC.

Most build advice is in the LC930 thread but I like the the longer shock and thinner top tube of the LCE929 and I reckon it holds a bigger water bottle.

I'm interested in a factory-built battery kit preferably 540wh, with a battery extender. Any word on when those are going to be commercially available?

My goal is to narrow down my battery and accessories parts list from all this discussion, and get into the build!

I'm still trying to understand:

-43v motor and battery vs. the other voltages in comments.

-how to purchase and setup range extender: Wait until main battery is low, and connect it to the charging port in series; or use dual battery connecting hardware and use both in parallel?

-is Large available?

-should I wait until the batteries I want are commercially available, or is there someone in USA who builds and sells small orders?

Cheers!

View attachment 129514
Hi

The LCE929 has shorter chainstays, that is the only significant difference in geo. The LCE930 can fit a full size waterbottle.

The toptube on the LCE929 does look nice but the shock is actually more or less same size. The 185mm shock is a trunnion size that is why the total length is shorter. The 200x58(57 more probably) is an old shock size standard, so availability will be bad and with time get even worse.

Regarding motor voltage, the higher voltage you have then less amps you need. But on ebikes the amps are so low anyway there is probably no practical difference from the riders perspective. Third-party extenders are generally 36V or 48V, so can be hard to find 43V unless Bafang make something or you go DIY.

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
Because LCE 929 is developed by us in cooperation with other brands, not only us, we do not keep inventory and need to make it to order, so the waiting time is longer.

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
That means you can already order a frame in size L and just have to wait longer?
The metal mold is still no produced, Because the expected order quantity is not enough, which to cover the cost of mold,
Our LCE930 size L has sold more than 300 units, while the pre-order volume of LCE929 so far is less than 20 sets, which makes it difficult to recover the cost.
Funds limit our ability to prepare inventory. We can only choose to retain the priority of one frame, so of course we choose the frame LCE930 that belongs to us.
In addition, another cooperator of LCE929 (not the supplier you know) has not paid enough attention to LCE929 recently. They chose to get LCE930 from us to supply to their customers,
LCE930 now size S/M/L,
if quantity more than 10 sets, the LCE930 can change some small, like External cable routing (strengthen around the hole), only with four holes for battery (now is 6 holes, both fit for longer battery BT F014 and small battery BT F100,)
and we will have a new cover of head set, now is on testing!

cover.jpg

Verdo07

Oct 22, 2023
Italia
@temon10
hi, have you completed the construction of the E67 chassis? if so, which battery did you choose? photos and impressions? Sorry for the many questions but I think you're the only one who bought this frame...

Lvtride

Dec 17, 2023
Vancouver
Hi, I built up a bike with this frame but there is a serious issue with the frame design. As mentioned by other, the shock specs an outdated size but the real issue is the clearance. A shock with a larger air can or a coil shock will interfere with the top tube of the frame half way into its stroke. I learned this the hard way!

IMG_20231202_090037.jpg IMG_20231202_090045.jpg IMG_20231202_090102.jpg

Last edited:

Verdo07

Oct 22, 2023
Italia
nice bike!!! with that type of kinematics I expected some interference problems with spring shock absorbers... but if the X2 fits, I think 90% of the air ones fit... I think it's one of the largest with air. .. apart from that, tell a little more about your bike if you feel like it!!! I see a 27.5 wheel on the rear... would a 29 fit?
How much travel does the 38 have? bafang battery or do it yourself?
weight?
How are you feeling with the suspension?
in short...you've built a beautiful enduro bike!!!!how do you feel about it?

Lvtride

Dec 17, 2023
Vancouver
nice bike!!! with that type of kinematics I expected some interference problems with spring shock absorbers... but if the X2 fits, I think 90% of the air ones fit... I think it's one of the largest with air. .. apart from that, tell a little more about your bike if you feel like it!!! I see a 27.5 wheel on the rear... would a 29 fit?
How much travel does the 38 have? bafang battery or do it yourself?
weight?
How are you feeling with the suspension?
in short...you've built a beautiful enduro bike!!!!how do you feel about it?
Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately this bike has been disassembled because the x2 does not fit this frame nor does any coil shocks. Only shocks such as older Fox DPS and Monarchs with slim air cans. I was so excited about trying the bike that I didn't check everything over before hitting the trails. Needless to say, the frame took some damage and so did the X2 air can. I checked to confirm what shocks would interfere and I have a bunch of shocks on hand luckily. I decided I didn't want to ride it with a low end shock so I am planning to do some carbon modifications to the frame to allow for a large air can and coil shocks. I'll probably give it a paint job as well while I'm at it.

Regarding the battery - it uses the Bafang battery but there is another issue here, LOL!! The battery goes into a "deep sleep" mode after 45min of inactivity. This means there's no way of turning it back on unless you wake it up by plugging the charger in. You could imagine what this would mean if you drive out to the mountains and it takes you over an hr, then you go to turn the bike on and nothing happens. I don't think most people will carry their charger with them and have a power source to plug into to wake the battery up.

Anyways, I suspect the battery management system has a design problem or maybe I just got a lemon. Bafang says their trying to figure it out, whatever that means. I hope others can comment about their experience with the stock Bafang 410whr battery (BT F014.410.C)

I am currently waiting for a warranty replacement but who know when I'll see it. Until then I'll build my own battery and get this bike going again.

If you're considering this bike, I'd say check out the alternative options like the LCE930 or the CEF50 - way less hassle and seems to be proven platforms with so many great build by people on these forums.

Last edited:

Verdo07

Oct 22, 2023
Italia
thank you for your testimony...I think it will be of great help to the whole forum and especially to those, like me, who would like to use the E67 chassis.... by the way... I see you have a 210 seat post, knowing that the frame is only available in size M, how tall are you?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles