new lightweight ebike from transition - the relay

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Well there is at least one in a customer's hands.

It's wild that no reviews have hit yet.

I am pleased to notice that the Relay doesn't have some stupid low BB height.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
So i just completed payment on a Relay that'll be here in 3 weeks.

Where can I locate some high end 170mm cranks for this bike?

My dealer says that nothing exists.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ

Where can I locate some high end 170mm cranks for this bike.

Thanks.

You may want to contact 5Dev and see if they have anything for the Fazua. I was able to buy some for my TQ motor. Their products are really nice. Link: Cranks

Sebov

Jul 24, 2022
Bavaria

Where can I locate some high end 170mm cranks for this bike.

Thanks.
Nice! Excited about your opinion. Still the best E-Bike in my eyes. Maybe not the best weight power ratio compared to the Orbea Wild but for me the most interesting BIKE.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
I'm pretty stoked and it feels like I made the right decision for me.

I was very close to going with the Levo SL instead, reasoning that I could just run it as a full 29er to get the longer stays I desire as I have little mullet experience anyways.

I had already built a nice CF 27.5" wheel and installed the other parts to run on my new Relay (I ordered the full 29er version, but I just want the frame) so using a mullet link, I was able to test my SJEVO yesterday as a mullet, and in short I REALLY like the way the mullet bike handles. It's more balanced and maneuverable. It manuals better and jumps considerably nicer. I was a bit slower on the many climbs on a brutally humid day, but the mounted tire was also heavier and slower rolling than my usual 29" rear tire since I built this wheelset up with an e-bike in mind.

Once I had that realization, I realized the Relay was in fact the only choice.

Also, I want to run some pretty grippy/ heavy tires and feel like the SL power and battery size might not quite be adequate with these sort of tires.

I had the Relay shipment held because I'm heading out of town next week and don't want it sitting outside.

I'll update this thread in about a month.

Last edited:

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
The crank mounting standard used on the F60 is called ETOR.

I personally won't own 5Dev or E13 cranks, so didn't bother to check with them. Even though I love my Eewing cranks on my pedal bike, I'm not spending that much money on cranks even if they did have a set that fit the bike. They literally need to halve that price if they want to sell any, imo.

Really, for this application, I'm more into a high quality Al crank. It's a heavy bike, it's a 170mm bike, AL cranks are more slim than CF, etc.

There are 3 brands that make cranks for this motor (all are currently backordered): Praxis, Rotor & Samox.

The Relay comes stock with Praxis.
The Shuttle SL comes stock with Rotor.

I have some Rotor cranks on my wife's bike and they are really high quality, transfer power well and well built. So that's what I'm going with.

They weigh right around 400 grams, they will be 170s, and they have a bit narrower Q factor than some other options.

Anyways, I went with the Rotors and am on a list for when they arrive in the USA.

R2thek

Apr 10, 2022
Colorado
Comparing the Shuttle SL with the Relay, the obvious difference, besides the removable battery, is the travel (fork and shock). Has anyone done a more in-depth comparison and if so do you have a link or personal experience?
Some easier questions: Do you have to take the battery out of the Relay to charge it? Is there any info on the release of the range extender battery for Fazua--I guess that would be the same for all of the Faze bikes though I am not sure.

RxBike

Jan 26, 2023
USA
Comparing the Shuttle SL with the Relay, the obvious difference, besides the removable battery, is the travel (fork and shock). Has anyone done a more in-depth comparison and if so do you have a link or personal experience?
Some easier questions: Do you have to take the battery out of the Relay to charge it? Is there any info on the release of the range extender battery for Fazua--I guess that would be the same for all of the Faze bikes though I am not sure.

I can’t provide much in the way of a comparison but I do know that the battery has to be removed to charge it. Long shot, but maybe you will be able to charge the battery through the extender so that you only need to plug into the extender instead of taking out the battery every time. That’s only a guess/hope of mine. Release date of the extender is still “summer 2023” but I don’t know specifics. A couple other bike manufacturers are claiming summer 23 for the extender.

Sebov

Jul 24, 2022
Bavaria
The crank mounting standard used on the F60 is called ETOR.

I personally won't own 5Dev or E13 cranks, so didn't bother to check with them. Even though I love my Eewing cranks on my pedal bike, I'm not spending that much money on cranks even if they did have a set that fit the bike. They literally need to halve that price if they want to sell any, imo.

Really, for this application, I'm more into a high quality Al crank. It's a heavy bike, it's a 170mm bike, AL cranks are more slim than CF, etc.

There are 3 brands that make cranks for this motor (all are currently backordered): Praxis, Rotor & Samox.

The Relay comes stock with Praxis.
The Shuttle SL comes stock with Rotor.

I have some Rotor cranks on my wife's bike and they are really high quality, transfer power well and well built. So that's what I'm going with.

They weigh right around 400 grams, they will be 170s, and they have a bit narrower Q factor than some other options.

Anyways, I went with the Rotors and am on a list for when they arrive in the USA.
How do you like it so far? Set my Levo SL Gen 1 to Mullet. It‘s great.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
How do you like it so far? Set my Levo SL Gen 1 to Mullet. It‘s great.

It's a dope e-bike. It handles so well, the battery lasts a long time and it has mad power.

Pretty stoked on it.

The air shock is pretty terrible however. It has low air volume on a highly progressive bike. So I've ordered a coil.

Sebov

Jul 24, 2022
Bavaria
It's a dope e-bike. It handles so well, the battery lasts a long time and it has mad power.

Pretty stoked on it.

The air shock is pretty terrible however. It has low air volume on a highly progressive bike. So I've ordered a coil.
Sound’s really good!
Transition used made pretty linear bikes —> Cascade was a must for Sentinel V1. But the PNW Version comes with DHX2. Seems like the Relay has been designed with this version in mind and DPX2 just for weight reasons. I think I‘d go for DHX Coil oder Super Deluxe Coil because after several years I‘m done with too many clicks of X2 shocks since I ordered a Storia V3.

Tmae

Nov 5, 2023
Ger
Hi guys, could anyone tell me the shock ID of the relay? My relay is on Order and i would like to get a DHX2, but need the right tune.
Thanks!

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
I genuinely went and looked and couldn't locate it.
All I can say is that when I next remove the shock to install my own coil shock as soon as it arrives I'm certain I'll spot it then.

Tmae

Nov 5, 2023
Ger
Thanks for trying :)
For the new fox shocks there isn‘t anymore the ID sticker, the serial number is printed sonewhere with this kind of style:
IMG_7483.jpeg

Also possible to check the tune with that number, but was also confused at first.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles