new lightweight ebike from transition - the relay

Jul 1, 2022
Finland
Top of the list for next eeb. I'll be really interested to see the weight differences between the carbon and alloy, and if this does actually work as an analog bike when the battery is removed. I prefer alloy but have my doubts as my alloy Patrol park bike is 40lbs (DH casing rear, DD front, Flow EX3 rims, Zeb, Super Deluxe, Deore 11 Speed). Transition do claim the carbon Patrol is 2.8lbs lighter, so hoping the Relay is a similar story there. That type of weight savings is worth the extra $1K-1.5K, especially with Transition's lifetime warranty. I ride with guys at the local Transition shop (we all have Transitions now lol) and have heard good things about their warranty process in general.
Exactly my thoughts also, definitely the most interesting upcoming bike. Having a 2019 Kenevo with 29” Boxxer nearing to 26 kg myself. If the max assistance levels of the Fazua 60 compare somehere to the FF trail-ish mode, while being able to hit below 20 kg with a robust spec, it would likely hit my personal sweet spot. Transition’s take on geo really speaks to me also.

Please Transition, make a frame-only also available for the Relay! And of course dual crown compatibility… 😉

Reactions: Dax

Sebov

Jul 24, 2022
Bavaria
Exactly my thoughts also, definitely the most interesting upcoming bike. Having a 2019 Kenevo with 29” Boxxer nearing to 26 kg myself. If the max assistance levels of the Fazua 60 compare somehere to the FF trail-ish mode, while being able to hit below 20 kg with a robust spec, it would likely hit my personal sweet spot. Transition’s take on geo really speaks to me also.

Please Transition, make a frame-only also available for the Relay! And of course dual crown compatibility… 😉
My LBS says frame only for US is fix planned. For Germany the decision is not finally made. Know some Transition dealers: almost no preorders made due to sky rocketing prices for the bike builds. So my last hope is also the frame kit.
Geo is also spot on for me. Most interesting frame in this category.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
According to the rumour mill, the relay is still on track for Spring 2023 in the USA.

Wooders

Mar 28, 2019
Oxford
almost no preorders made due to sky rocketing prices for the bike builds
I was thinking about waiting for the Relay before buying my first ebike - I'd been dreaming of something like a Kenovo SL but with a bit more motor.

Then I looked at the price of a Repeater and that killed that idea! All the mid-power bikes seem to be more expensive than the full power equivalents, so I reckon a GX Relay will be £9.5k to £10k. I just couldn't make that price feel like good value!

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
I was thinking about waiting for the Relay before buying my first ebike - I'd been dreaming of something like a Kenovo SL but with a bit more motor.

Then I looked at the price of a Repeater and that killed that idea! All the mid-power bikes seem to be more expensive than the full power equivalents, so I reckon a GX Relay will be £9.5k to £10k. I just couldn't make that price feel like good value!

This is almost exactly the logic I went through before I bought my Kenevo SL (add in a ex-demo KSL turning up at the lbs).

Sid Duffman

Aug 23, 2022
San Jose, CA
This is almost exactly the logic I went through before I bought my Kenevo SL (add in a ex-demo KSL turning up at the lbs).

I followed the same path. I demoed and loved the KSL, but really wanted to wait for the Relay. But when I saw a black Friday sale for 3k off the KSL ($8k for the expert build) and realizing that I’d likely spend 12 to 14k for a similarly specced Relay, I couldn’t resist. And my LBS had it in stock and built up, so I woke up this morning with no plans to buy a new bike, and now it’s sitting in my garage, begging for a ride.

Last edited:

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Yeah, I've seen specs and pricing. Not one part besides the motor/ frame that I'd own.

Currently no frame only, but if they release that in the next month or so, I'll buy it.

If not, I have 3 other contenders and one of them is getting my money very soon.

Apr 25, 2019
Perth Western Australia

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Yeah, I've seen specs and pricing. Not one part besides the motor/ frame that I'd own.

Currently no frame only, but if they release that in the next month or so, I'll buy it.

If not, I have 3 other contenders and one of them is getting my money very soon.

I've never seen anything or heard of anything that suggests Transition is going to be offering the relay as a frame option option.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
How reliable is the fazua 60 motor proving so far? A few people on the pivot forum seem to be implying it's a bit unreliable at present. Whats the concensus view? Relatively reliable or hand grenade waiting to go off?

The tq hpr 50 in the fuel exe (and others) seems mostly reliable, despite mine being broken, but as far as I can tell I'm the only person to be reporting a failure on the internet, which probably makes it quite reliable by ebike standards.

Last edited:

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
The carbon AXS and carbon PNW models will be able at the end of March beginning of April.

GX carbons should be April and the NX alloy versions should be available at dealers in May.
That might be in US deffo not in U.K. always arrives late here. Used to work for U.K. Distributor for Transition many years ago when it was the Covert & Bandit

RxBike

Jan 26, 2023
USA
Transitions website is saying June 15th half way through the year!!
They 'introduced' the relay on June 15th 2022. They haven't published release date information on the site. Rumor is that the bike will be released on 1/31

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles