New lid time

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Think I'm settled on the giro switchblade for the odd bike park day and assuming les gets etc require full face as the chin piece comes off to use mainly as trail lid.
Anyone got one or a reason why not, where t buy etc.??

net wurker

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2019
Huntsville, AL USA
Although it's not convertible, I really love my Troy Lee Stage. It's so lite and ventilated, I can wear it on all but the hottest of days pretty comfortably.

Commencal Meta SX-3.jpg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Personally I'd just buy a proper full face for bike park/DH and not bother wearing it on dull fireroad climbs rather than faff about removing and refitting a chin piece all the time.
I'd assume most here already have a perfectly good trail helmet.

you'd get a nice light proper full face with decent venting for about the same price as most of the detachable chin piece ones.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Convertibles are great - if in doubt you can leave the chinpiece on then forget to remove it. Beats the hell out of dental bills on days when you would otherwise use a stack hat.

Just make sure you try the options on to see what fits you / how light & ventilated you want / need.

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Ok, what's a decent trail lid then?
And are places like les gets full face only?
I was trying to avoid carrying 2 but if I'm taking my moto bike abroad aswell I might be able to get one true full face lid to cover that.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles