New guy with new bike

Beardy biker

Apr 9, 2023
Scotland
First forum I've joined so please bear with me as I learn how to navigate. I've recently upgrade from the 2021 cube stereo hybrid 160tm to the new 2023 cube stereo hybrid 750, 160 action team. I've had the bike a week now and it seems to have a knocking noise rattle from the front when descending. I've checked bolts etc for torque all seem OK. Any help,alive would be appreciated 🤙

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Could be your headset pre-load isn't set high enough so the forks are moving up and down slightly.

Not the best video, but gives you the basics of loosening the stem and tightening the stem cap to preload the bearings.

Keep in mind that often sounds from the front can actually be coming from elsewhere - it just sounds like they're coming from the front. Check all the suspension bolts for example and even the cables running through the frame alongside the battery might not be clipped in correctly.

Beardy biker

Apr 9, 2023
Scotland
Thanks for the reply. I've done the video. I don't think it's the headset. When I push the battery it still has movement dosent seem to lock completely It looks like it's still got abit to go. I've checked the cables they seem to be properly secured in the cable tray below battery tray.

Beardy biker

Apr 9, 2023
Scotland
Ive just watched Robs video on the cube and I think it's just the noise of the bike. I can't see any adjustment, I'm tempted to take the dremil to the battery catch and shave off enough for the battery to click in. A wee edit so you can hear the noise in question. Thanks again for your help 🤙

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Great ride ! Passionate soundtrack ! :) 😆

Could be the normal gen4 rattle just sounding louder on that bike, seems to vary a lot bike to bike. Or if it's got the XT finned pads, they rattle like crap !

I'd check the adjustments before the dremel as they normally slot in there pretty tightly without adjustment.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles