New emtb'er with Bosch 504 error ;-)

rkmst

Feb 18, 2020
Mher
Hi there,
I own a Conway emtb, Bosch CX4 2020

After 480km I got the 504 error, apparently anti tuning software from Bosch.
Got the Speedbox 2 removed so I can use my bike, and am now waiting for the speedbox 3.0

kind regards to you all,
Erik

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Absolute load of scare mongering.
I like the bit where it states that the forks and brakes won't be able to take the extra speed ?

Your reading it from an EMTB perspective. It's a general page for all pedelecs.

Your cycle infrastructure in the UK is not up to the level of Germany or the Netherlands, where the (separate) bike paths are packed during rush hour. This is a much bigger issue for them on their 800€ supermarket specials with chocolate brakes and spaghetti forks.

The number of bikes and ebikes far exceeds UK use, so don't dismiss the page based on your single country and niche activity experience, please.

Kaelidoz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Apr 29, 2018
Belgium
Absolute load of scare mongering.
I like the bit where it states that the forks and brakes won't be able to take the extra speed ?

Except if you're in the u.s., then the same hardware is strong af, magic!

I guess my punys hydraulic tektro brakes are going to explode.

Kaelidoz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Apr 29, 2018
Belgium

Your cycle infrastructure in the UK is not up to the level of Germany or the Netherlands, where the (separate) bike paths are packed during rush hour. This is a much bigger issue for them on their 800€ supermarket specials with chocolate brakes and spaghetti forks.

Fair point ! tbh they do show an Haibike fullsus in the pictures.

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Denmark I would say is as big as any of the other cycling countries on mainland Europe and the typical speed on the cycling paths are more than 25 km/h. On an Emtb I would slow down the flow ?

Karsten

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk

The number of bikes and ebikes far exceeds UK use, so don't dismiss the page based on your single country and niche activity experience, please.
This is an electric Mountain bike forum, I bet no one on here has an £800 supermarket bike ?

GrahamPaul

Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
This is an electric Mountain bike forum, I bet no one on here has an £800 supermarket bike ?

You just proved my point: this is a niche activity and the "informed" opinion is that all ebikes have 200mm disc brakes and Fox 36 suspension! And that only bikes with "Spec" in the name exist.

You see the restriction/derestriction issue through a very distorted and narrow lens.

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
You just proved my point: this is a niche activity and the "informed" opinion is that all ebikes have 200mm disc brakes and Fox 36 suspension! And that only bikes with "Spec" in the name exist.

You see the restriction/derestriction issue through a very distorted and narrow lens.
Distorted, narrow?
I don't know if English is your first language but this is a forum, don't try to shut people down that don't agree with you.

GrahamPaul

Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Distorted, narrow?
I don't know if English is your first language but this is a forum, don't try to shut people down that don't agree with you.

It is. And I'm not. My point all along is that EMTB is a very fringe use of pedelec engines. The derestriction/restriction debate is aimed at a much larger set of riders than those riding £5000+ machines.

There are plenty of jobsworths just waiting to ban your fun and you are giving them all the ammunition. Nothing stops you riding at more than 25kph. I'm just leaving now for a night ride where I'll be one of a very few EMTBs in a pack which will be doing much more than that - all of us having to use our legs.

If you want to have to have a motorbike licence, number plates, MOT and compulsory insurance, just carry on.

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
In Denmark the maximum speed of pedelecs on the cycle paths are 45 km/h, it only requires a helmet,lights on during daytime and an insurance similar to mopeds. I do have a pedelec myself and riding to/from work is a blast. Again, if I took the Emtb I would slow down traffic. My point is that the European Emtb speed limit is hilarious at 25 km/h when at the same time you can go 45 km/h on a pedelec with less brakes etc.......

Karsten

Kaelidoz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Apr 29, 2018
Belgium
For what it's worth, I think you were both right. You might even agree on some points with better communication.

rkmst

Feb 18, 2020
Mher
nice discussion.....
anybody has any experience with the speedbox 3.0 on Bosch'20?

Zammo

Subscriber
Sep 27, 2018
Southend
Welcome. Let’s hear your feedback on the Speedbox 3 when it arrives.
Hi there,
I own a Conway emtb, Bosch CX4 2020

After 480km I got the 504 error, apparently anti tuning software from Bosch.
Got the Speedbox 2 removed so I can use my bike, and am now waiting for the speedbox 3.0

kind regards to you all,
Erik
You've got two more attempts. Then you get to ride a brick...
Yes I agree with paulMac scaremongering I’ve done 550miles now on my Trek Rail with Speedbox 3 it’s absolutely fine great bit of kit

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles