New e-bike owner (2021 Cube Reaction Pro 625)

Trip Hazard

Oct 23, 2020
Tyne and Wear
Hello everyone.

Just received my new 2021 Cube Reaction Pro 625 yesterday after wanting an e-bike for a couple of years. Watching Rob‘s YouTube channel originaly set me off ? but held off joining the forum until I actually had an e-bike. Planning my 1st ride out in the morning, so hoping the rain stays off. ?

Oct 23, 2020
Sussex UK
Same as me! Saw you commented on my thread>, let us know how you get on tomorrow. Coming from a 26" wheel MTB it seemed a bit unwieldy initially, mines a large and I'm 6'1".

Last edited:

Trip Hazard

Oct 23, 2020
Tyne and Wear
Same as me! Saw you commented on my thread> let us know how you get on tomorrow. Coming from a 26" wheel MTB it seemed a bit unwieldy initially, mines a large and I'm 6'1".
I’ve still been using my 15 yr old Marin FS Rock Springs and a Boardman hardtail so looking forward to this ?

Trip Hazard

Oct 23, 2020
Tyne and Wear
I suggest you wear a mask. Not for covid.

Stops you swallowing flies when you cant stop smiling as you breeze up a hill :)
Ha ha. Looking forward to it. I had hernia surgery last year and it still gives me a bit grief at times and limits my riding, so hopefully the e-bike will help me along ?

Trip Hazard

Oct 23, 2020
Tyne and Wear
I suggest you wear a mask. Not for covid.

Stops you swallowing flies when you cant stop smiling as you breeze up a hill :)
You were not wrong. Wow, it’s a long time since of enjoyed a ride so much. Done 42 miles (80% track)and loved every minute of it, burning over 2000 calories In the process and my heart rate monitor tells me I got a good workout. I found my self pointing it at hills just to have another grin ?. Ride done mainly in eco, with a bit of testing with emtb and turbo modes. I turned it off on flat areas where I didn’t need assistance so came back with 2 bars left which I thought was good as the ground was total clarts for a good percentage of the ride. Can’t wait to get out again ?

Reactions: mak

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
You were not wrong. Wow, it’s a long time since of enjoyed a ride so much. Done 42 miles (80% track)and loved every minute of it, burning over 2000 calories In the process and my heart rate monitor tells me I got a good workout. I found my self pointing it at hills just to have another grin ?. Ride done mainly in eco, with a bit of testing with emtb and turbo modes. I turned it off on flat areas where I didn’t need assistance so came back with 2 bars left which I thought was good as the ground was total clarts for a good percentage of the ride. Can’t wait to get out again ?
Happy new bike day :) , 42 miles is good work and your lucky to be able to achieve 80% off road for that distance, I've only done that once and it was a lot of roadwork.
Eco is a very powerful tool and its great to use that, it makes anything above feel very special, if I cant be arsed to throw a lung out the back for a decent climb I stick it in trail and the hill disappears. If I come across a ridiculous looking unachievable off road climb I have a go at it in emtb or turbo just for a laugh otherwise I don't think there's any need to use those modes, trial hits the 15.5 mph in most circumstances .

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
It turns you into Bradley wiggins without the effort lol. Keep the power low and keep yourself honest and the high power modes still amaze even for me after over 1800 miles.

Trig

Sep 23, 2020
Scotland

Yeah, there should be more warnings about the fly intake :)

Gotta admit, i tried sticking to eco and even turning it off occasionally also, for the first few rides. Ive gradually started sneaking it up into tour though, and unless its pretty flat,it stays in emtb quite often! Turbo doesnt get used much, only for climb attempts at stuff that looks unrideable, or on the odd big steep climb to give the legs a quick break without stopping.

Brilliant fun though.

Trip Hazard

Oct 23, 2020
Tyne and Wear
Another 28 miles today and smiled all the way. Got absolutely caked and loved every minute of it. We'll pleased with this bike.

IMG_20201026_134341.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles