Levo Gen 2 New chainring time

Timwillows

Jun 6, 2019
Portsmouth
Hi all, I think I need to change my chainring. Fitted a new chain and now getting noise under load, with or without the motor on, checked everything else, put old chain back and noise gone - hence think the chainring must have worn.
Thinking of going up to 34t as getting a lot of wear on the 11t of the cassette, would this fit? UPG-PR-34-7001-STEEL?
2019 Levo Comp

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Yup, sounds lika a toasted chainring. 34t should fit fine.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
more likely cassette wear I'd say, I've had very little success trying to match new components with old.

you really have to do cassette and chain at the same time, and sometimes the chainring too.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
If you are checking chain stretch regularly and not let it go pass 0,5% (for 12spd drivetrain) then it should be no major problem matching new and old components ... I think he should hear the noise (and possibly also feel it while pedaling) if its coming from chainring or cassette ...

Timwillows

Jun 6, 2019
Portsmouth
Pretty sure it’s not the cassette, noise is coming from the front “bottom bracket “ area and is consistent across all gears. Chain had just hit .75 wear.
may change the cassette at the same time, but don’t think it is the cause

congerball

Jun 3, 2019
Yorkshire UK
Did the new chain ring solve your issue or did you have to do the cassette too?
I’m in a very similar position and my cassette looks good so would rather just do the chainring #skint😂

Timwillows

Jun 6, 2019
Portsmouth
Not fitted yet, cassette is getting on a bit, already trashed the original 11t and now running on a replacement. Have decided to wear the whole lot out and then go all new

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles