New Chain Time?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
You don't need to buy a special chain tool. And you must take some tools with you in case you need them (you surely will).
Why not buy one of these:
Wiggle | Topeak Hexus X Multi Tool | Multi Tools

The Hexus X is based upon the Hexus II, that I have. I've had it for about 15 years and it is still faultless, so the build quality is high. It has a chain breaker built in as well as loads of other essential bits and pieces. I would not leave home without it (on my bike that is). I even used the tool today when I had to remove the rear wheel, I needed one of the Allen keys to undo the axle. Then I used the tyre levers (the side plates).

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
You don't need to buy a special chain tool. And you must take some tools with you in case you need them (you surely will).
Why not buy one of these:
Wiggle | Topeak Hexus X Multi Tool | Multi Tools

The Hexus X is based upon the Hexus II, that I have. I've had it for about 15 years and it is still faultless, so the build quality is high. It has a chain breaker built in as well as loads of other essential bits and pieces. I would not leave home without it (on my bike that is). I even used the tool today when I had to remove the rear wheel, I needed one of the Allen keys to undo the axle. Then I used the tyre levers (the side plates).

Not thought about another multitool, I have the SWAT one that came with the bike and another I've had for years, as well as torx and hex levers. The stuff I'll need is now is the special stuff like chain tool and whatever I need to change the cassette when I need to.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Not thought about another multitool, I have the SWAT one that came with the bike and another I've had for years, as well as torx and hex levers. The stuff I'll need is now is the special stuff like chain tool and whatever I need to change the cassette when I need to.
I have the Topeak Hexus II and a Gerber Multiplier. I have never failed to get back from a ride. Between them they have pretty much all I need, unless I want to change a BB or a cassette trailside! :ROFLMAO:

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
2000 miles 2nd cassette and 3rd chain......I reckon last winter's mud will be about to kill the current cassette .
This is in spite of very regular cleaning and lubing.
Have fitted Shimano "Rivet" joint chain which means it is difficult to remove the chain for a thorough immersion clean . guess I should fit a Quick link to make things easier.
I am VERY old but not so knackered!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles