Review New Canyon Spectral : ON CFR - 900 wh of PWR!

notaninfluencer

Author
Mar 18, 2019
Italy
Had this on test for the last month.

Shimano EP8 Motor, 900 wh battery, full XTR and Carbon wheels. €10,999.

IM2_3718-2.jpg
IM2_3813.jpg

Dale_Calgary

Jan 22, 2022
Calgary
In a month after you go through that XTR drivetrain you can put on a proper Deore e-bike setup so add that to the price. Also add 2 tires that will be needed to replace those EXo models./

notaninfluencer

Author
Mar 18, 2019
Italy
In a month after you go through that XTR drivetrain you can put on a proper Deore e-bike setup so add that to the price. Also add 2 tires that will be needed to replace those EXo models./
ahahhahahhah

I want to try some pirrelli on also some eddy current.

I dont ride in mud much so hopefully the XTR will last a bit

Lee Dove

Oct 12, 2018
Scotland
I wish people would not say a battery has X Whr of power. Watts are a measure of power, as in 250w output from motor. WattHour is a measure of energy stored in the battery. This causes a lot of confusion as people (some) think that a bike with a 900whr battery has more power than one with a 500whr battery even if they have the same motor.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Not for all of us: I have 3,200km (and going) on my slx drivetrain, still the original chain (a 6100). Although it is mostly dry where I am and I started using wax after the first 500km. It is either steep up or steep down where I ride.

I also use exo tires - they're cheap and light. I use a tannus in the rear - the front has never been a problem. If I didn't use tannus in the rear, I'd go a heavier sidewall, but I still wouldn't have as much protection as I do now with the tannus.

The deal breaker for me is the chain running along the chain stay in the higher gears - that's a design fault. Also, I have avoided cf so far - not a deal breaker but not my preference.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles