New Bosch smart system screenless

Stefaan

Sep 24, 2018
Belgium
I found out that you no longer need the screen on your bike with the new bosh smart system. So much better.

71212D2D-72D8-4846-A1D7-EB1C365A23D2.jpeg

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Shame the controller is so massive. How did Bosch get it so wrong.
Also considering some buttons are not needed without the screen, supose they could have another option/design, unless developments to come could put it on use ...

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
I suppose it's a 140 action team 2022, 750Wh. What other bike now with those colors has the new Smart system?

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
I don't think the 160 will be available for a few more months and even this 140 is one of the very few around.

Stefaan

Sep 24, 2018
Belgium
Its the 140 action team. And i don’t mind the controller at all. Its not that big. It does take some time to get it step to the perfect possition. At the place i put it. On top of the dropper and the brake it is not that big.
but down the line a slimmer version for poeple that don’t use the screen like me. Just 2 buttons and an on of button then it can get smaller. I do like the leds.
2D4DAF91-69C8-45B7-9848-8823CED4CD4D.jpeg

Stefaan

Sep 24, 2018
Belgium
We knew that, but tell us more! :p
How's the mode's customization? How's the new flow app?
I did not have time to test that out but from what i see in the app you can chance alot. I isd eco all the time. 77km so far. 750 m of climbing and in full mud and still 42% battery left

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
What are the benefits of not using the screen?
I didn't think it was that ugly.
I spent a bit of time on my pals new Mondraker the other day. Lovely bike, but coming from a gen2 Levo I found the display quite distracting.

the controller with the colours showing the modes is all I’d want. I’d remove the display for sure if I got one

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Its the 140 action team. And i don’t mind the controller at all. Its not that big. It does take some time to get it step to the perfect possition. At the place i put it. On top of the dropper and the brake it is not that big.
but down the line a slimmer version for poeple that don’t use the screen like me. Just 2 buttons and an on of button then it can get smaller. I do like the leds. View attachment 79154
The colours of the action team are stunning

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
I don’t like the screen at all. Almost no info on the screen. And i use my garmin always and i get much more info on that screen.

From what i understand, you cannot actually connect the Garmin to the Bosch system (i wish it was possible); did this change?
I do use a power meter on my MTB, along with a Garmin 530; very useful for my kind of use and i do get all the information i need. If things did not improve with the new Smart system, i suppose you don't get cadence and power on your Garmin (nor battery percentage, assist mode etc. - although the new controller shows some of that). You do get that on your Kiox; in this case, i would use the Kiox in certain scenarios (and gladly not in others).
It would be cool at some point to actually get BLE connection from the Bosch system to the Garmin; i suppose they could do that or have an accessory to enable that. But also i suppose they will not do it :(

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Theres a power meter to show how much power you and the motor are putting in as u ride think there is also a screen that records the ride and says how much in % you put in compared to the motor think you can connect the app and use the maps to do turn by turn instructions

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Its built in on the trek whereas on the cubes its mounted on the bars its virtually a mini nyon which is a great thing but being smaller less likely to get damed on the trails cant wait now for my bike the wait is very frustrating

Davork

Jan 31, 2022
Scotland
If it is any help I have just bought a 2022 medium stereo 140sl from Leisure Wheels Herts and they had more medium in stock and large in the 140tm

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles