New Bike Day! Picked up another SC Heckler

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
Received my new 2023 Santa Cruz Heckler MX in Gloss Avocado Green today. I've been riding my Maritime Grey Heckler for the past 6 months and love the bike. Couldn't pass up on the sale last week. I did notice on the new bike that there is no longer a gap at the top of the battery, new improved power button and new Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate with HSC.

20221228_154740.jpg 20221228_140816.jpg

Last edited:

luna87824

Jan 19, 2019
Just South of The Grand Canyon
Received my new 2022 Santa Cruz Heckler MX in Gloss Avocado Green today. I've been riding my Storm Gray Heckler for the past 6 months and love the bike. Couldn't pass up on the sale last week. I did notice on the new bike that there is no longer a gap at the top of the battery, new improved power button and new Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate with HSC.

View attachment 103654 View attachment 103655
No USB C port any longer?

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
So my new Heckler CC X01 AXS showed up yesterday. There were none in Large near me in gray, so I got it delivered from Colorado. The ticket inside it says it is a 2023 model, but the funny thing is, the Reserve wheels are built on DT Swiss 350 hubs, not the I9 1-1s like the online build sheet shows...

I'm not sure how disappointed I am in that, as the rest of the bike is gorgeous.

Getting it ride Wrapped at the new Ride Wrap outlet in Santa Cruz tomorrow...

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
So my new Heckler CC X01 AXS showed up yesterday. There were none in Large near me in gray, so I got it delivered from Colorado. The ticket inside it says it is a 2023 model, but the funny thing is, the Reserve wheels are built on DT Swiss 350 hubs, not the I9 1-1s like the online build sheet shows...

I'm not sure how disappointed I am in that, as the rest of the bike is gorgeous.

I prefer the DT Swiss 350's vs the i9's. I've had bearing problems with all of my i9's and never an issue with my 350's.

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury

Maybe just a coincidence but I brought a Hightower cc X01 AXS and it came with reserve wheel with DT Swiss 350 hubs , also the build sheet says i9 hubs !!!!

leroy

Jul 10, 2021
milton keynes

you're not missing much.
mine has the i9's,had a front wheel bearing completely collapse after 200 miles and the rear hub isn't tool free removal like the dt swiss.
would rather have the dt's to be honest.

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
Received my new 2023 Santa Cruz Heckler MX in Gloss Avocado Green today. I've been riding my Maritime Grey Heckler for the past 6 months and love the bike. Couldn't pass up on the sale last week. I did notice on the new bike that there is no longer a gap at the top of the battery, new improved power button and new Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate with HSC.

View attachment 103654 View attachment 103655
Putty, putty… better get some Invisiframe wrap on it before you scratch her!

Andyrp2001

Sep 19, 2022
UK

Sam here here, came with 350s but got such a good price I am not concerned and I have other SC bikes with 350 hubs so can change quickly parts if I have a mechanical failure.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles