New bike day! Allmtn 7

BadgerHun7er

Jan 1, 2021
Northamptonshire, UK
Someone obviously didn’t watch the video on how to fit or you bought the wrong size. I have the same bike and mudguard and it’s fits like a dream with the original parts.
CDE5D8CA-EFB5-4138-A062-B1535F96BD7D.jpeg

BadgerHun7er

Jan 1, 2021
Northamptonshire, UK
That is the problem with the Shimano discs (or calipers, I don't know exactly).
When they're wet they hardly work.
Then they squeak like they want to wake up a polar bear from his winter sleep.
After a second of no effect the brakes start to do what they were meant to do.
Scared me a bit...
Did you bed the brakes in properly before riding in the mud? I have the same bike and suffered the same howling brakes but after changing the pads and bedding in properly before my ride they are awesome. Better than my old Formula The One brakes or my Mag 7’s.

Jorel

Mar 4, 2021
Germany
Someone obviously didn’t watch the video on how to fit or you bought the wrong size. I have the same bike and mudguard and it’s fits like a dream with the original parts.
View attachment 56359
I watched all the videos, no worries.
If I do it like you did, then the result is a bike that looks like it carries a pershing rocket ramp over the rear tyre ;-)
If you're ok with the look, then all is fine.

I wanted the Mudhugger to be as near as possible to the tyre.
For me that looks way better and btw, the protection is better as well.
So, I removed the foot of the Hugger, drilled additional holes and fitted it inside the chainstays.
The problem on this is that the Hugger has no base to stay when you jump.
This is where I came up with the big zipties.
Now, the Hugger comes very near to the tyre and looks beautifully (in the back you see my old Allmtn 6 with the Mudhugger fitted the same way).

Mudhugger7.jpg

You can watch this modification on the Mudhugger channel (I'm sure you know this already):

BadgerHun7er

Jan 1, 2021
Northamptonshire, UK
I watched all the videos, no worries.
If I do it like you did, then the result is a bike that looks like it carries a pershing rocket ramp over the rear tyre ;-)
If you're ok with the look, then all is fine.

I wanted the Mudhugger to be as near as possible to the tyre.
For me that looks way better and btw, the protection is better as well.
So, I removed the foot of the Hugger, drilled additional holes and fitted it inside the chainstays.
The problem on this is that the Hugger has no base to stay when you jump.
This is where I came up with the big zipties.
Now, the Hugger comes very near to the tyre and looks beautifully (in the back you see my old Allmtn 6 with the Mudhugger fitted the same way).

View attachment 56360

You can watch this modification on the Mudhugger channel (I'm sure you know this already):
I think you are a little warped when it comes to what looks good. Everyone accepts that ANY mudguard look shite, you just have to accept that and move on. All you have achieved is smaller mud clearance. It won't be long and the ground will be dry enough to remove thos bad boys anyway :)

Jorel

Mar 4, 2021
Germany
I think you are a little warped when it comes to what looks good. Everyone accepts that ANY mudguard look shite, you just have to accept that and move on. All you have achieved is smaller mud clearance. It won't be long and the ground will be dry enough to remove thos bad boys anyway :)
To each his own.
Been using Mudhugger for two years and my bikes saw almost every kind of mud imaginable.
Absolutely no probs with clearance.
And, I do not remove the Huggers... they stay where they are, rain or shine ;-)

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles