New Bike Day 🎉

Arethustra

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2024
Bay Area, CA
The money pit finally made it home today! Can’t wait to take it out for more than just a spin around the block (even though that was super fun in Race mode).

Big shoutout to First Mile Cycle Works for taking a lot of boxes and turning it into 55lbs of fun.

IMG_1125.jpeg

Arethustra

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2024
Bay Area, CA
Argh! Unfortunately, that NBD glow was crushed last night…literally ran one lap of my neighborhood street, plugged in the bike for the ride I planned to do in the morning and then took a look at the rear shock settings…all looked good so I sat on the bike to get a feel for where the lockout toggle was on the new shock…I flipped the toggle from Open to Lock and the detents felt weird; very loose and when I went to flip it back to open the toggle dropped into my hand. 🤔

So yeah, that was a total WTF moment…so its back to the bike shop and wait to see what they can do. 🤦🏻‍♂️

IMG_1130.jpeg

Last edited:

Arethustra

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2024
Bay Area, CA
I continue to be floored by how amazing Crestline’s customer service is…literally sent the above note to Troydon via email just after I posted the above and he called me on my mobile in less than 15 minutes (I didn’t even ask for a call just advice on how to get it fixed) and is sending me a full replacement shock to swap out.

Arethustra

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2024
Bay Area, CA
Finally got Sweet 16 (of 35) out for a ride — thankfully the lockout was in the open position when the knob came off.

The ride was crazy...definitely feel like I got what I paid for. Only had time for a quick 8 mile gravel loop but I was grinning like a fool the whole time.

IMG_1135.jpeg

AlumiPro

May 1, 2023
California
I continue to be floored by how amazing Crestline’s customer service is…literally sent the above note to Troydon via email just after I posted the above and he called me on my mobile in less than 15 minutes (I didn’t even ask for a call just advice on how to get it fixed) and is sending me a full replacement shock to swap out.
I’ve experienced the same service from Crestline, Troydon goes above and beyond for his customers.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles