New 2020 Turbo Levo owner from Jersey here + a few mods!

Lloydd

Jun 29, 2020
Nitrogen1
Hello everyone! I just recently commented in one of the turbo Levo owner threads with the same information but figured I’d start my own in the newbie section. About a month ago I purchased my 2020 Turbo Levo Comp in Storm Grey sized medium. I am a short 5’9 and found this size best suited me. I had tried my buddies large Levo prior and it felt bulky but was still incredible to ride which made me drive two hours out of state to find the one I wanted!! Fast forwards a few 100 miles of riding already and I absolutely love the bike. Under the advise of a friend and expert rider I changed and upgraded a few things to dial in the bike to my likings. Also decided to go with an orange accented color scheme!

Since the purchase my riding ability has progressed dramatically, taking this bike on some steep descents I never knew i could ride down, as well as jumping some huge table tops (they are huge to me anyway ?) and getting the bike air born!! I am 32 years old and veryyy out of shape with a lung condition that prevents me from riding at any reasonable pace on normal trails. With this bike I can keep it in a low assist and if I need to catch my breath I can keep riding and just throw it in turbo! What a luxury. It’s opened a new world of fun and I am truly addicted. Fortunately I live in an area with a lot of varied terrain. From two state parks close by featuring over 70 miles of trails (and lots of footage in elevation changes) as well as being within a reasonable drive to true mountain trails and bike parks, I am in heaven with this thing.

As for upgrades, we dialed in the suspension as I am quite hefty at 230lbs. Running around 115psi in the front forks and 285 (I think) in the rear it seems to be perfect for my weight + the ebikes weight. Besides that I made more comfort upgrades as well as color scheme additions. From reading in the threads and from first hand accounts, Ive herd the weakest of the major components of this bike stock is the brake system. Decided to go for the Hope set up and must say they are impressive! Stops on the dime and with little effort. Besides that I am still playing around with stem length, bar angle and seat position. Ive got the height dialed in but I’ve noticed discomfort and numbness in my hands (even when I am not riding as I work with my hands for a living) which is likely attributed to a few things: Body posture, Gloves, Grip position as well as stem length and the adjustments for the bars and seat.

Lately Ive focused more on body posture and using my core more to support me as opposed to leaning on my bars. Also i read somewhere that people with this issue were running padded gloves and they switched to a standard style glove and found this helped. I went and bought the Fox Bomber LT Glove which have knuckle protection and no padding. Since then its been A significant improvement! Still tinkering with the seat adjustments and I am going to try a shorter stem and see if I like it.

Anyways here are my upgrades so far:

-BEL-AIR V3 - LUX-ALLOY - (orange) saddle
-Ergon SM E-Mountain Core Prime Men Saddle - Stealth (not pictured on the bike)
-Deity Components Copperhead Stem - 50mm, 31.8 Clamp, +/-0, 1 1/8", Aluminum, Orange (switching to a different one, the orange is off ?)
-HOPE AM/FREERIDE STEM 31.8MM 50MM ORANGE (switching to, i have short arms relative to my height and think this will be better)
-Hope TECH 3 E4 Levers and calibers
-Hope Tech 6 Bolt Floating Disk Rotors (orange)
-SRAM Discrete Trigger Clamp assembly (to move the dropper lever and shifter levers onto the bars)
-Race Face Chester Pedal (orange)
-Ergon GA3 grips (Juicy Orange)
-Wahoo ELEMNT Bolt computer
-Wahoo Speed sensor
-Specialized Levo 2019 2020 Frame Sticker Kit - Orange
-Set tires to Tubeless

Welp that’s about if so far! Looking forwards to more riding ?

A9746326-5FE5-4D78-9547-C08DAE931AE1.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles