Hi from Northern CA, new Turbo Levo Comp owner here

conceptmat

Aug 1, 2020
San Jose, CA
Hi All, new 2020 Turbo Levo Comp owner here.

Love the bike so far. Comfortable, rides well, climbs easy. Battery lasts.

Got flats on first day riding over some spikes. Converted to tubeless with stock tires.

The only thing is that breaks make squeaky noise. May be they are just breaking in. If anyone has suggestions - please let me know.

IMG_5822.JPG

Last edited:

ebnash

Aug 16, 2020
Los Gatos, CA
Hello, looks like the top of St. Joes in LG. I live off Old Santa Cruz Highway about 2 miles from that trail. A bit more mobbed with people these days, so I have avoided.

Your brakes are squeaky because they probably weren't properly bedded by the shop tech who built and setup your bike. They might quiet over time, but I suggest you read up on how to properly bed in your brakes. They will end up performing better and lasting longer, in the long run. Either that, or they are contaminated...

conceptmat

Aug 1, 2020
San Jose, CA
Hello, looks like the top of St. Joes in LG. I live off Old Santa Cruz Highway about 2 miles from that trail. A bit more mobbed with people these days, so I have avoided.

Your brakes are squeaky because they probably weren't properly bedded by the shop tech who built and setup your bike. They might quiet over time, but I suggest you read up on how to properly bed in your brakes. They will end up performing better and lasting longer, in the long run. Either that, or they are contaminated...
Yes, that is the top of St. Joes. I just took it for a quick after work ride there. Looking to explore more around the area, thinking to ride Kennedy Trail and Priest Rock.

Do you have any recommendations? I’d love to meet up for a quick ride sometime. I am only a beginner rider though.

Thank you for brakes advise. That’s what I’m thinking too, it’s probably not bedded well, will be addressing it soon.

ebnash

Aug 16, 2020
Los Gatos, CA
I just joined the forum and have my eBike on order, although I am not new to Mt. Biking.

To be honest, St. Joes, Kennedy, Priest are all just super exposed punishment rides. In the past, when i was really fit, I clmbed all over those hills on XC and Endure bikes when I wanted to train and suffer. Not to mention, that they are just littered with a lot of hikers and walkers, these days because they are very easily accessible.

A more interesting and less exposed option, would be to ride John Nicholas Trail. on the other side of the lake. Don't know if you are riding from home or have an option to drive your bike to the trail head, but it's 4-5 miles up Black Road after taking the Bear Creek exit on Hwy 17 on the other side of the lake.

I'd be happy to meet and ride John Nicholas with you, although I will be on my unassisted bike, so will be slower on the climb than you. This is a good trail to build your bike handling skills. Nothing super technical. Starts off as a 2 mile fireroad warm up and then some miles of climbing up a twisty double track to a mice view from the top. From there, the ride can be extended further along Skyline trail. Most after work rides there, for me are just to the top and back. With COVID, this place is also becoming pretty busy.

conceptmat

Aug 1, 2020
San Jose, CA
I just joined the forum and have my eBike on order, although I am not new to Mt. Biking.

To be honest, St. Joes, Kennedy, Priest are all just super exposed punishment rides. In the past, when i was really fit, I clmbed all over those hills on XC and Endure bikes when I wanted to train and suffer. Not to mention, that they are just littered with a lot of hikers and walkers, these days because they are very easily accessible.

A more interesting and less exposed option, would be to ride John Nicholas Trail. on the other side of the lake. Don't know if you are riding from home or have an option to drive your bike to the trail head, but it's 4-5 miles up Black Road after taking the Bear Creek exit on Hwy 17 on the other side of the lake.

I'd be happy to meet and ride John Nicholas with you, although I will be on my unassisted bike, so will be slower on the climb than you. This is a good trail to build your bike handling skills. Nothing super technical. Starts off as a 2 mile fireroad warm up and then some miles of climbing up a twisty double track to a mice view from the top. From there, the ride can be extended further along Skyline trail. Most after work rides there, for me are just to the top and back. With COVID, this place is also becoming pretty busy.
Yes, that trail sounds great. I’ll DM you my contact. We could arrange a ride sometime after work. I used to live closer to these trails, but right now I would need to drive my car there, which is no issue. Looking forward to try the less crowded, less exposed trails.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles