Hi everyone, New Lapierre owner here.

Rich_F21316

Oct 6, 2018
DORSET, United Kingdom
Well i say new owner. I purchased the a overvault 827i on the 10th september and after the first ride it was returned and a pivot bolt needed replacing. Raleigh ( the distributor) cannot get another bolt from any demo bike or a bike in the warehouse so I'm having to wait a full month until i get my new bike back. Its been a shocking experience. the bike shop has been great but it seems Raleigh couldn't care less about its end user. I Don't believe for one minute that the part couldn't have been sourced any quicker.
Well I'm hoping this rather negative start is only going to be a blip on many years of fun E-MTBing hopefully starting next weekend.

Kaelidoz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Apr 29, 2018
Belgium
oww Rich that really sucks. Hope you get your bike back as quickly as "possible".

Welcome :)

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh
I went through exactly the same issue - I have a lapierre overvolt SX800. I gave up after 2 weeks of clear inaction and had the part manufactured out of stainless steel. Cost £50 and was done in 24 hours. The pivot bolts are just not strong enough being made of alloy for ebikes they are always gonna snap. Find a local engineer and take them the part. It’s a very easy job to have the part made. And make sure it is steel!

Romekz

Jan 7, 2019
Sittingbourne
How's the lapierre going? I would be interested in hearing your thoughts or a review having owned and lived with it for a while. Great looking bikes but not much out there in terms of real life reviews

Rich_F21316

Oct 6, 2018
DORSET, United Kingdom
How's the lapierre going? I would be interested in hearing your thoughts or a review having owned and lived with it for a while. Great looking bikes but not much out there in terms of real life reviews
The bike rides great, really pleased with it as a whole, I find the battery rattles a bit on rough ground but an thick elastic band around the top of it seems to have silenced this. The lock feels every poor quality and My friend has had hers changed once and it still feels groggy, the battery hatch cover could be a more secure fit but other than those points, the positives are outweighing the negatives. Nothing new has appeared on the market which has made me think I made the wrong choice

Romekz

Jan 7, 2019
Sittingbourne
The bike rides great, really pleased with it as a whole, I find the battery rattles a bit on rough ground but an thick elastic band around the top of it seems to have silenced this. The lock feels every poor quality and My friend has had hers changed once and it still feels groggy, the battery hatch cover could be a more secure fit but other than those points, the positives are outweighing the negatives. Nothing new has appeared on the market which has made me think I made the wrong choice
How are you finding battery range there's been a few posts on this forum of users experiencing poor range like 12miles till the battery dies!

Rich_F21316

Oct 6, 2018
DORSET, United Kingdom
How are you finding battery range there's been a few posts on this forum of users experiencing poor range like 12miles till the battery dies!
No issues liked that, it's what you'd expect from a Shimano system. Not sure where to look but see if you can find the route I posted in the forum. I did a total of over 35 miles riding some of the biggest hills in my area.i used all 3 modes on that ride so when you see the ride profile, I think you'll agree, it wasn't a bad result

Alan51

Mar 25, 2019
Tiverton, Devon
No issues liked that, it's what you'd expect from a Shimano system. Not sure where to look but see if you can find the route I posted in the forum. I did a total of over 35 miles riding some of the biggest hills in my area.i used all 3 modes on that ride so when you see the ride profile, I think you'll agree, it wasn't a bad result
Hi I've just bought a lapierre overvolt am 527i and had my first ride last week, it was amazing and got 31 miles range using just the trail mode

Romekz

Jan 7, 2019
Sittingbourne
Great news makes me very happy picking mine up soon!

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere

Agree about the lock for the battery - seems the worst part of the bike in my opinion. I'm regularly spraying the lock and key with some lube to keep it working smoothly.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles