Need advise from focus jam2 owners

Dano78

Dec 3, 2019
Uk
Morning I'm interested in maybe buying the 2020 jam2 6.8 nine with bosch motor and was wondering have any owners had any problems with them ? Would I be better off buying the 6.7 as I'm planning to upgrade the suspension and probably the brakes is the kiox display worth having over the other one thanks

PJ27

Jan 8, 2020
Gosford, NSW
Hey Dano78, I bought a 6.8 Nine approx. 4mths ago and I love it. I thought about doing the same but got a good deal on the 6.8
The Kiox display is good, but it is in a vulnerable position. Having said that relatively easy to change mount (recommend the Orbea Wild FS mount, looks good IMO).
I am near the weight limit and to improve suspension I have added volume spacers front and back and has made an improvement.
In a reply from Focus after asking about rear shock upgrades they advised what is fitted is what has been tested anything else may affect warranty. Food for thought. the brakes fitted are really good.
Good luck.

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
I have the 6.8 Nine 2020. Done around 600miles on it since the start of March and the only issue has been the rear hub that needed nipping up. It will be something I look to upgrade in the future as I’ve had Novatec hubs in the past and don’t particularly rate them.

A lot of reviewers talk about the Fox 34 not being heavy duty enough but I’d say that depends on what sort of riding you do and how good you are.

I don’t think anyone needs the Kiox but some would like it more than others. Personally I think either go clean cockpit with no display or if you’re having one make it useful and offer something a bit different. The Kiox does that but it is a bit clumsy to integrate neatly.

I rate the new Bosch but wish I’d have thought about whether I really needed the 625wh battery. For most rides I come nowhere near to using it all and it does come at a weight penalty.

Theres lots to really like about the bike but these are things worth considering. Overall it’s a brilliant bike.

Dano78

Dec 3, 2019
Uk
I have the 6.8 Nine 2020. Done around 600miles on it since the start of March and the only issue has been the rear hub that needed nipping up. It will be something I look to upgrade in the future as I’ve had Novatec hubs in the past and don’t particularly rate them.

A lot of reviewers talk about the Fox 34 not being heavy duty enough but I’d say that depends on what sort of riding you do and how good you are.

I don’t think anyone needs the Kiox but some would like it more than others. Personally I think either go clean cockpit with no display or if you’re having one make it useful and offer something a bit different. The Kiox does that but it is a bit clumsy to integrate neatly.

I rate the new Bosch but wish I’d have thought about whether I really needed the 625wh battery. For most rides I come nowhere near to using it all and it does come at a weight penalty.

Theres lots to really like about the bike but these are things worth considering. Overall it’s a brilliant bike.
Thanks for your response I am liking the looks of the bike, do you know what crank arm lengths it comes with ?

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
Thanks for your response I am liking the looks of the bike, do you know what crank arm lengths it comes with ?

don’t quote me on this but I think 165mm. I’m not sure because I swapped them straight out for the shortest option Hope make when I got it. I’m not sure where you are based but I recommend sending Northern Ride in Malton a message. They did me a great deal.

Dano78

Dec 3, 2019
Uk
don’t quote me on this but I think 165mm. I’m not sure because I swapped them straight out for the shortest option Hope make when I got it. I’m not sure where you are based but I recommend sending Northern Ride in Malton a message. They did me a great deal.
Okay that's mate can I ask what you paid for yours please? Do you think it's a issue not having any sort of bash guard over the motor ? Thanks dan .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles