Focus Jam2 Help please

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Planning to fit some SQ labs swept bars to my Jam2 ..
Having a preliminary look at removing the old bars I find the cable for the Shimano mode selector to display runs through the bar.:rolleyes:
No prob drilling new bars :) BUT how do I remove the cable from the display or selector ...its not obvious and I dont want to go forcing things. :unsure: Anybody know ????
thanks and have fun

Last edited:

thul

Apr 7, 2018
Norway
I have the 2017 Jam 2 and there the routing is external, so as I see it you don't have to run the Di2 electric wire through the bar if you fit a new one. As for removal of the wire, use the DI2 plug tool that came with the bike (plug and pull from the display)

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
OK trawling the interweb I found this which looks like a firm pull with pliers on the display end should do the trick....:unsure:

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
You should be able to pull the cable out by hand. They pop out with a click. Just make sure you pull the plug not the wire. I have the tool but really think it is only necessary for the blanking plugs. Be careful if you do decide to go with pliers not to crush the cable

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The plugs do just pull out with a good tug from the display and controller - just make sure you pull from the actual plug end, not the cable itself to avoid damaging the cable

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
I have the 2017 Jam 2 and there the routing is external, so as I see it you don't have to run the Di2 electric wire through the bar if you fit a new one. As for removal of the wire, use the DI2 plug tool that came with the bike (plug and pull from the display)

Thanks for that will investigate.
Did you receive any instructions on general bike management...ie the Focus bits? I have plenty of Shimano inf and a Focus cd but very little about things like lube ing /tightening etc ..or do they assume I should know all this ....Being an old fart I only know about my old "Hercules"!

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Thanks for the wise info . I will proceed with care
......this is just what these forums are about (y)

thul

Apr 7, 2018
Norway
Thanks for that will investigate.
Did you receive any instructions on general bike management...ie the Focus bits? I have plenty of Shimano inf and a Focus cd but very little about things like lube ing /tightening etc ..or do they assume I should know all this ....Being an old fart I only know about my old "Hercules"!
As for Focus general bike management I haven't really taken the time to read the docs that came with the bike:)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles