MY2019 Giant Explore E3 randomly power ON

416ebiker

Jan 14, 2024
Toronto
Hello fellow Giant owner, not sure if anyone has a similar issue where the bike turn ON sometime, but when it's ON it's perfect and doesn't shut off randomly. This bike has around 8000KM on the motor, it was my first eBike and had a lot of great memories.

on Dec 29 or 30th 2023, I noticed something strange that day because when I pressed power, all lights light up and then shut off. Then I held the power button for a few section, and then the bike started normally. The ride was no different, silky smooth, absolutely no strange sound.

Started around Jan 3rd. When I pressed the power button, all lights flash then immediately shut off... I tried the same trick of holding the power button for 3 sec (or more), but absolutely does nothing this time... I took the battery out, swap with my backup battery and nothing worked....

New video by Vee N (Mama Vee) Here the video to the problem.

Magically, it came back alive on Jan 6th or 7th, it works fine, then it refused to turn on again, it's completely random. Now as of Jan 23, it's refusing to turn on.

I ordered a brand new ride control ant+ controller from Giant, it does the same thing.... According to the Giant manual attached, next step of the troubleshooting is replacing the downtime wires.

Attachments

• GSystemServiceKitInstructions_1680816273.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 76

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles