My Wife bought me an Orbea Rise last weekend!

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
This is amazing! I have been riding MTB's for almost 10 years and man does it increase the fun factors and I ride so much longer and take less breaks along the way. Not just that my miles are more but I ride longer getting more exercise while not getting my heart rate maxed out so fast. I have the energy to take on the tougher features and should get hurt less because of it....

M10 build but I have already move the front tire to the rear and put a DHF 2.5 on the front... getting ready to switch over my carbon bars and we are one composite wheels w/Industry 9 hubs from my Kona Process 153. Not sure if I will keep it for lift chair parks or sell it in this hot used market...

I think I am going to change to shorter cranks soon because I have been pedal striking more than use to.

Last edited:

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
This is amazing! I have been riding MTB's for almost 10 years and man does it increase the fun factors and I ride so much longer and take less breaks along the way. Not just that my miles are more but I ride longer getting more exercise while not getting my heart rate maxed out so fast. I have the energy to take on the tougher features and should get hurt less because of it....

M10 build but I have already move the front tire to the rear and put a DHF 2.5 on the front... getting ready to switch over my carbon bars and we are one composite wheels w/Industry 9 hubs from my Kona Process 153. Not sure if I will keep it for lift chair parks or sell it in this hot used market...

I think I am going to change to shorter cranks soon because I have been pedal striking more than use to.

Awesome. Don't forget to move over the rotor magnet from the OEM wheels or your first ride with your new wheels will be a big disappointment. ;-)

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
What has she done to feel guilty to buy ya a rise? ??
We were honestly going for her to try one and she liked it and I had been researching it for several months... she knew that and she also knew how rare it is right now to have one in the shop... She really enjoyed it buying the bike... she is getting the limited btw as she is coming from an ultra light XC bike

Ducman71

Apr 8, 2021
Orange County, CA
@BobR Awesome! How cool is that?! I'm incredibly lucky in that my wife condones my two wheeled interests, not questioning when I buy new bicycles or motorcycles, and not complaining when the garage is filled with them. But your wife buying you a (rather pricey) new Rise is next level.

I have a Rise on order, hopefully arriving in a month or so, and I also have a Process 153 currently. I'm likewise not sure if I should keep it once I get the Rise, either for bike park days or as a spare bike for visiting friends. I really like the old Kona, but it seems hard to imagine it will get much use once the Rise gets here.

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
@BobR Awesome! How cool is that?! I'm incredibly lucky in that my wife condones my two wheeled interests, not questioning when I buy new bicycles or motorcycles, and not complaining when the garage is filled with them. But your wife buying you a (rather pricey) new Rise is next level.

I have a Rise on order, hopefully arriving in a month or so, and I also have a Process 153 currently. I'm likewise not sure if I should keep it once I get the Rise, either for bike park days or as a spare bike for visiting friends. I really like the old Kona, but it seems hard to imagine it will get much use once the Rise gets here.
I had my Rise in the shop for one day to put frame protection on and my buddy was in town to ride so my wife offered to take us to the top of Bear Creek trail in Ellijay Georgia and he has a Turbo Levo... only two times was he even close to me riding my Kona but he is a newbie to MTB. My gut right now is to keep it but we will see. I am moving over all the upgrades to my Rise though?

Bbgunassassin

Feb 28, 2021
California
Congrats on the Rise, its an amazing machine! I've had mine for a few months and its been a huge gamechanger as too how I ride. Make sure you keep an eye on those crank preload caps, and if you put a bigger dropper post be careful as the power switch is easy to knock loose. Other than that enjoy! The bike is amazing and has exceeded my expectations.

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
Congrats on the Rise, its an amazing machine! I've had mine for a few months and its been a huge gamechanger as too how I ride. Make sure you keep an eye on those crank preload caps, and if you put a bigger dropper post be careful as the power switch is easy to knock loose. Other than that enjoy! The bike is amazing and has exceeded my expectations.
As it relates to the preload caps on the cranks, I need to make sure they stay snug? Is that what causes the breaks listed in the thirteen thread?

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
As it relates to the preload caps on the cranks, I need to make sure they stay snug? Is that what causes the breaks listed in the thirteen thread?

read the other threads. It’s all discussed on great detail along with a link to the technical service bulletin.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles