Riding our new EMTB’s at Northstar at Tahoe last weekend

Ron

Patreon
Sep 27, 2018
Campbell, CA USA
We took our new EMTB’s to our condo at Northstar Ski Resort at Lake Tahoe driving up late Thursday night and returning Sunday afternoon. Getting 2 - 50lb bikes up 3 flights of stairs to our condo was a challenge especially on arriving Thursday around midnight. Walk mode in a low gear seemed to work best and we got better at it each time we took the bike up to the condo. Did not feel comfortable leaving our new bikes on the rack in the parking lot. Weather was cool and crisp and I was definitely happy to have packed my little yellow windbreaker to go over my layers of long sleeve jerseys. We had a great time together and I am so glad that my wife decided to join me in this EMTB adventure and get a new bike too. Yes I ride alone at home or with friends but having this to share with my wife is really great for our relationship. We rode mostly fire trails and a couple stretches of relatively easy narrower mountain trails. The lifts stopped last week but we had no trouble getting uphill on our new bikes and seemed to have the mountain much to ourselves. I’m two months from having knee joint replacement and we are both still getting comfortable on our new bikes so we didn’t do anything too technical. We just went out and rode and enjoyed the beautiful fall scenery together. All in all a great weekend.

5FA87642-C12F-457D-A473-DFCE263A0681.jpeg

03CB1AF5-0D99-4FBD-9F52-3DAE62784753.jpeg

B3FD9F0F-B7AB-45FE-B67E-51DCDAFC48E5.jpeg

Zachy

Oct 15, 2018
Nice! Northstar is my old DH stomping grounds and is my backyard now! Hopefully I can pickup my new emtb in Truckee to day and try Northstar soon..

Mike F

Aug 22, 2018
Auckland New Zealand
Hi Ron
We stayed at Northstar in May while on holiday and went mountain biking out of Truckee. Really nice part of the world.
The only issue we had was that the day before we heard on the news that a mountain biker had been killed by a cougar (not in this area) but that spooked us as we are from New Zealand which has nothing really dangerous to harm you. However talking to the locals we were worrying really about nothing.
Enjoy your EMTB’s

Ron

Patreon
Sep 27, 2018
Campbell, CA USA
Hi Ron
We stayed at Northstar in May while on holiday and went mountain biking out of Truckee. Really nice part of the world.
The only issue we had was that the day before we heard on the news that a mountain biker had been killed by a cougar (not in this area) but that spooked us as we are from New Zealand which has nothing really dangerous to harm you. However talking to the locals we were worrying really about nothing.
Enjoy your EMTB’s
Mountain Lion attacks are extremely rare, like shark attacks they get a lot of press because they are so unusual

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles