FI
Winter Time = Time
IMG_20210215_171355__01.jpg

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
While we get the rare bear and wolf hear..... fairly happy to not see that sign either ;)

Beautiful animal, but rather something I view through a proper lens than in person... especially as a surprise...
Conservation Officials are patrolling more than usual this year. They set a live trap in the neighborhood for the “problem” cougar” but there are several in the area. This happens every year but there is more activity this year than usual. We are living in their territory after all.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Conservation Officials are patrolling more than usual this year. They set a live trap in the neighborhood for the “problem” cougar” but there are several in the area. This happens every year but there is more activity this year than usual. We are living in their territory after all.

At least they responsibly warn people.

cougar.jpg

cougar2.jpg

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
At least they responsibly warn people.

View attachment 53394
View attachment 53395
I reside with a slightly more “mature” version.
Warning signs are above the bed, bathrooms, each entrance…basically everywhere.

Was fixing a trail yesterday …must’ve looked over my shoulder a 100+ times. Kinda pointless but still creepy. Kept my Rail close by…why I don’t know. ??

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
That's a nice looking Rail (5?). Other than fenders and tires, have you made other upgrades? I really like the olive drab color on these bikes. Riding Rail 5 myself, about 750 miles on it so far and it has been very reliable and fun.

- DW Swiss FR560 + DT 350 and 240s hubs + DT Swiss Competition black spokes + DT Swiss brass squorx black nipples
- Cushcore Pro front + back
- OKO Magicmilk tubeless + Stans Tubeless tape
- Cane Creek Helm MK1 160mm coil front suspension
- Maxxis Minion DHR II + DHF tires
- EBC Redstuff brake pads (CFA493R)
- SRAM GX derailleur + GX chain + GX trigger + NX cassette
- Transx dropper remote

Just bought a "summer setup 2021": X01 chain + NX cassette + GX derailleur and new set of DHR II + DHF aaaaand... Knog Oi Classic Fahrradklingel.

The green olive color is nice but matte is not best for this kind of bike. I'm seeing a paintshoptrip maybe in summer 2022.

RowanTheKiwi

Feb 8, 2021
New Zealand
I rode from Queenstown downtown, upto Coronet peak, did RudeRock, Zoot, Hotrod, and then got on the loud pedal to be back before lunch. 42km, 1300m of vert according to Garmin (always more), and 75% of battery used across 2hours - mostly tour/etmb on the way out, and turbo'd it on the way back.

If you were just at Coronet doing laps - I reckon you'd run out of arms, before you ran out of battery.

jeroen

Jul 8, 2020
Switzerland
Looking great out there!

When this corona thing is over (yes, NZ mostly got it under control, the rest of the world is dealing with science-ignorant governments...) I hope to visit NZ again..... and then borrow a nice e-bike and take on those trails! ;)

First to get the winter over here (new snow expected coming days...), then I'll be able to get up in the mountains again too!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
DVO Jade X 230 x 60 with Cane Creek progressive spring.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles