My Decoy Leaning on Stuff

rondre3000

Jun 15, 2021
San Diego
Finally able to contribute so @Dirtnvert isn't lonely in this thread. Took delivery of my Decoy on Thursday! 2 rides in and so far I'm impressed. I'm coming from a Yeti SB130 so this is a bit different but I'm hoping I can make it nearly as playful w/ some suspension tuning.

Decoy at The Lake.jpg

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Finally able to contribute so @Dirtnvert isn't lonely in this thread. Took delivery of my Decoy on Thursday! 2 rides in and so far I'm impressed. I'm coming from a Yeti SB130 so this is a bit different but I'm hoping I can make it nearly as playful w/ some suspension tuning.

View attachment 69602
Right on man! Factory fox stuff on that looks sooo good.
It took me a little while to adapt to the emtb weight but a few heavy park days and the weight was intuitive. Then i wasnt pulling or preloading luke it was a little light bike. Now my preload and pop is calibrated for the weight naturally and i can pop over most anything i did before without thinkung. It helps that the decoy is very agile. Great design. Still blown away how long my pivots have run smooth. Have fun. Psyched to see your pics. Those mts look perfect for mtb trails

rondre3000

Jun 15, 2021
San Diego
Nice man! Added a little flavor on the machine. Looking tiiight !!

THANK YOU! I picked the white model over the black because I had this idea in mind. Took about 2 hours total to complete, but the majority of that time was spent staring at the bike wondering what and how I wanted to cut out the shapes and arrange the patterns. As these bikes are hitting the trails I'm selfishly liking the fact I shouldn't see another one like mine out there. :)

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
THANK YOU! I picked the white model over the black because I had this idea in mind. Took about 2 hours total to complete, but the majority of that time was spent staring at the bike wondering what and how I wanted to cut out the shapes and arrange the patterns. As these bikes are hitting the trails I'm selfishly liking the fact I shouldn't see another one like mine out there. :)
My paint is getting pretty beat. Ill need to figure out something at some point. I might have to get it wrapped. Im not that creative

Sapientiea

Jul 12, 2019
Netherlands
My paint is getting pretty beat. Ill need to figure out something at some point. I might have to get it wrapped. Im not that creative
Yeah mine too. I have the red Decoy. this means the paint under the black is also red. Scratches come out red......Where can we get wrapping for the Decoy?

p.s. Man you live in an awesome place!

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Yeah mine too. I have the red Decoy. this means the paint under the black is also red. Scratches come out red......Where can we get wrapping for the Decoy?

p.s. Man you live in an awesome place!
Sorry not much help on that. Maybe ride wrap in whistler. I think theres a good paint shop there too. My paint wear is just my own doing. Poor cleaning and general abuse. I should send the frame away over the winter for paint and wrap but ill probably procrastinate til spring.
It is pretty good riding here for sure. More trails in squamish/whistler but we have every type of trail. I especially like the convenience and it just being way less busy around here. Fun to visit whis but it doesnt take long before i want to get out of there. Way to busy there now. I feel spoiled here

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Hey, did you notice any real difference with the fox 38 compared to your previous fork?
I liked the yari. Low end but i guess the emtb weight makes sudpension feel so good. I was really surprised how difderent i had my suspension set up on my enduro bike with the 38 in comparison to the emtb with the yari. When i put the 38 on to my decoy i ended up making a few adjustments to the cane creek db coil. I think i added 2 clicks of lsr and 1 click on the hsr. The rebound on the yari was either too slow or too fast. I chose to go faster rebound. I was happy with the yari but the swap sure made clear the damper on the 38 is way better. More controlled and better mid stroke support is the biggest difference. I still thnk the yari is a bit more supple on small stuff and you can feel that the 38 is stiffer but the most noteable difference is the control from the 38 damper. The 38 really is the best suspension ive tried and its quite noticeable. Still its strange that i have the compression adjusted at zero. I might like less compression to see if i'd like it but the dial is already at the starting adjustment. Maybe i wouldnt want less compression but i guess ill never know. Not a fair fight between a yari rc and a 38 grip2 though, i'd like to try a zeb

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
Got the same "jacket" on my Decoy. Hopefully the warmer weather and rain clears the snow on our trails this week and I can get out riding again next weekend.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles