My Decoy Leaning on Stuff

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Nice. I am happy with my fox 38 180mm I've upgraded to. I decided to go with the none emtb version as it was the only one I could get at the time. I did not change the head set at all for it.
Great! Same here. Just swapping the non emtb 38 from my meta am. I figure it will slacken the bike another .5 degrees from the 180 yari.
Might add a luftkappe or secus to it at the next service. Ordered a progressive spring from race only springs to try on the reat shock. Feels like a bit more progressivity will be good, jury is still out on that though

jk-

Jan 26, 2020
Around
Great! Same here. Just swapping the non emtb 38 from my meta am. I figure it will slacken the bike another .5 degrees from the 180 yari.
Might add a luftkappe or secus to it at the next service. Ordered a progressive spring from race only springs to try on the reat shock. Feels like a bit more progressivity will be good, jury is still out on that though

I see yes it should slacken it slightly more. be interesting to see which upgrade on the fork if you decide to go that way. I am running a progressive spring on my decoy now I do like it a lot.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I see yes it should slacken it slightly more. be interesting to see which upgrade on the fork if you decide to go that way. I am running a progressive spring on my decoy now I do like it a lot.
Ok great, that eases my thinking on the progressive coil. I figured it might benefit from it. Its not bad at all as is, love the bike, but i thought it might make it more well rounded to handle both slow steep and jumps and drops. Cant wait to try it.

jk-

Jan 26, 2020
Around
Ok great, that eases my thinking on the progressive coil. I figured it might benefit from it. Its not bad at all as is, love the bike, but i thought it might make it more well rounded to handle both slow steep and jumps and drops. Cant wait to try it.

I'm around 93kg with bike gear on etc and pack that I normally ride with. (usually but not all the time). I was running a normal coil at 500lb which was great but I needed that extra cushion. So my progressive coil is from 450lb to 550lb. Adjusted the shock for that and its so good. But I only rode my decoy with the stock shock once.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I'm around 93kg with bike gear on etc and pack that I normally ride with. (usually but not all the time). I was running a normal coil at 500lb which was great but I needed that extra cushion. So my progressive coil is from 450lb to 550lb. Adjusted the shock for that and its so good. But I only rode my decoy with the stock shock once.
Im probably 80kg and i had a 350 on there. Not a ton of harsh bottom outs but it did use all the stroke too much.i wanted more support as well. It was always too far in the travel even with extra lsc . I have a 375-430 coming, possibly next week. The "race only springs" guy seems pretty chill and responds quick. Not cheap but they seem like theyre dialed. A lot of good reports. Next weekend could be fun between that coil and the 38.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Leaning on the shop wall after i installed the rrp proguard rear. Couple rides on the new 2.6 big betty super gravity soft with a tannus tubeless liner on the front. Little by little the duck is getting more beastly.

20210517_192909.jpg

roQer

Jun 29, 2019
Ludwigshafen am Rhein
Leaning on the shop wall after i installed the rrp proguard rear. Couple rides on the new 2.6 big betty super gravity soft with a tannus tubeless liner on the front. Little by little the duck is getting more beastly.

View attachment 61801

I’m running a pretty similar setup like yours, dhx coil and 170 mm 36 up front. Same base model frame. Changed recently my rear wheel from dt swiss hx 1900 to SC reserve DH. Can fully recommend it. Rear end feels little bit harsher but the bikes appears lighter, is more snappy, rolls better and holds the line better. Quite a difference to the stock wheel.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I’m running a pretty similar setup like yours, dhx coil and 170 mm 36 up front. Same base model frame. Changed recently my rear wheel from dt swiss hx 1900 to SC reserve DH. Can fully recommend it. Rear end feels little bit harsher but the bikes appears lighter, is more snappy, rolls better and holds the line better. Quite a difference to the stock wheel.
Sounds like a nice ride. Ive found im not really a carbon guy. Sold my carbon bar and wheels and wish my frame was all aluminum. Too stiff for me. I wonder if i went to a 28 spoke wheel if it might take some edge of them and all carbon isnt the same(i had lite bicycle 31mm inner rims laced to hope pro 4's w dbl butted spokes and a renthal carbon fatbar and a race face carbon bar before that). Guess ill never know. Some weight savings wouldnt be bad and i can see the appeal for pedalling i guess but it didnt save much weight in the wheels and i prefer some compliance especially in the rear wheel. Im not a bikr breaker per se but ive been known to smash the odd rim and tire pre 1200g/+ tirds and inserts

Brocstar

Jun 11, 2021
San Diego
Hello All,
I wanted to ask all the experienced YT Envoy owners about sizing. I am 5'10.5 and 210. Inseam about 30 inches and longer torso. I just put in a preorder for a Large Yt Decoy MX Core 3. I am hoping the sizing is right but any sizing knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Hello All,
I wanted to ask all the experienced YT Envoy owners about sizing. I am 5'10.5 and 210. Inseam about 30 inches and longer torso. I just put in a preorder for a Large Yt Decoy MX Core 3. I am hoping the sizing is right but any sizing knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Im 5"7' with a 29" inseam, long torso. My medium works well as a do it all. If i had to do it again id get a large. I'd like a little more reach. Lots of standover on the decoy so id say pick the reach that suits your usage. Mine is super fun in the tight trees though. Its a 2019 mullet, not sure if the reach has chanfed any since then

Brocstar

Jun 11, 2021
San Diego
Im 5"7' with a 29" inseam, long torso. My medium works well as a do it all. If i had to do it again id get a large. I'd like a little more reach. Lots of standover on the decoy so id say pick the reach that suits your usage. Mine is super fun in the tight trees though. Its a 2019 mullet, not sure if the reach has chanfed any since then
Thanks for the insight. Yeah I cannot remember if my bronson is a large or medium since it is at my other place. Will be there tomorrow to check. It has the perfect reach and a little long in the inseam but I managed with a small dropper post. Love that bike and only wishing I could have it in electric but I hear the YT is amazing. Cant wait and going to try and go get sized in San Clemente sometime next week. at the mill

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Thanks for the insight. Yeah I cannot remember if my bronson is a large or medium since it is at my other place. Will be there tomorrow to check. It has the perfect reach and a little long in the inseam but I managed with a small dropper post. Love that bike and only wishing I could have it in electric but I hear the YT is amazing. Cant wait and going to try and go get sized in San Clemente sometime next week. at the mill
Bronson are much loved bikes but geo has advanced. For example the new bronson, like all santa cruz', will have more reach, shorter seat tubes and more standover. Traditionally the geo on santa cruz' hasnt been the best for short inseam long torsos because of the lack of standover and short reach. Im sure the bike is/was super fun. It has a lot going for it. Most bikes do now. I just think youd really appreciate their new geometry. Thats the nice thing about the decoy. Plenty of standover so us long torso short inseam guys can upsize. Ive been upsizing since the early 90's and putting longer forks and stubby stems on. The difference now is are bb's arent sky high, crazy slack seat angles and poor standover because of it because of it, and thats only recently that we have a good selection with all the factors. Why? Idk. Ive wanted it for almost 30 years. My meta am is the first bike i havent slackened or considered up sizing.
Of course i had to mulletize it, long stroke it f/r and add some offset bushings ,reversed ,to keep the geo stock when its in mullet form. With the 9er rear wheel in and air shock the only change is a 180 fork(stock was 170). If anything the may have gone a touch too much. I could make a large decoy fit perfect for me

Brocstar

Jun 11, 2021
San Diego
Bronson are much loved bikes but geo has advanced. For example the new bronson, like all santa cruz', will have more reach, shorter seat tubes and more standover. Traditionally the geo on santa cruz' hasnt been the best for short inseam long torsos because of the lack of standover and short reach. Im sure the bike is/was super fun. It has a lot going for it. Most bikes do now. I just think youd really appreciate their new geometry. Thats the nice thing about the decoy. Plenty of standover so us long torso short inseam guys can upsize. Ive been upsizing since the early 90's and putting longer forks and stubby stems on. The difference now is are bb's arent sky high, crazy slack seat angles and poor standover because of it because of it, and thats only recently that we have a good selection with all the factors. Why? Idk. Ive wanted it for almost 30 years. My meta am is the first bike i havent slackened or considered up sizing.
Of course i had to mulletize it, long stroke it f/r and add some offset bushings ,reversed ,to keep the geo stock when its in mullet form. With the 9er rear wheel in and air shock the only change is a 180 fork(stock was 170). If anything the may have gone a touch too much. I could make a large decoy fit perfect for me
Thank you for the input. It's is my first order online bike ever so quite apprehensive about forking over that much money and not sure if its going to be perfect or not. I am sure with changed stem and some tweaking a large will do but do not!! like to feel cramped in the cockpit. I grew up riding and racing Moto so like the feel of being stretched out especially on the gnarly stuff.
Thanks again and will keep you posted on what I find out.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles