Mullet Wheel Upgrades? 2020 Eone Sixty

jonfon

Nov 23, 2020
Banbury
Hey All,

I have a 2020 Eone Sixty 8000. Might think about upgrading the wheels at some point, but haven't seen many mullet wheelsets being offered anywhere?

Does anyone have any recommendation for a nice strong wheelset that's better than standard and has a rear hub with decent engagment and has all the right fitments for the bike/works well with the motor etc.?

Cheers!

sammo

May 20, 2020
Western Australia
i had the same dilemma, ended up buying some Hope Hubs and building up a wheelset. I went with WTB Tough i35 rims, bought them becasue they were "tough" but dented them on the first ride even with Cush cores. Will probably change them to DT Swiss FR560 rims eventually, which i should have gone for in the first place, it was just hard to find matching 29er and 27.5 rims at the time.
ebike.PNG

Last edited:

jonfon

Nov 23, 2020
Banbury
Thanks Sammo, liking the blue hubs!

Urastus - The standard wheelset on the more expensive models are fine, but on the 8k they are quite "affordable". There's not very strong engagement on the rear hub and I'd imagine the rims would be fine for general trails, but probably wouldn't last long when up against more knarly DH riding. I'm sure they will do me for a while, so Im in no rush, but just would prefer a stronger set with a nice rear hub going forward.

gillyske

Dec 3, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
I've never gotten along with stock wheelsets on any bike, always dent the rear on the first ride. So I've order some Hunt Endurowide wheels. They get good reviews so I'll tell you how they go once they arrive.

jonfon

Nov 23, 2020
Banbury
I've never gotten along with stock wheelsets on any bike, always dent the rear on the first ride. So I've order some Hunt Endurowide wheels. They get good reviews so I'll tell you how they go once they arrive.

Yea I've had the same thing on past bikes. I've not heard of those, so yea, would be interested to see what you think to them! Cheers

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles