Mugged again

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
IMG-20230621-WA0002.jpeg
so popped into lbs to query about main pivot on my e150rs and stupidly asked if he had any ex demo bikes. I am now the owner of a 2023 e160s with less than 500miles for £3590! with full 2yrs warranty. A bargain too good to pass up, thats the second time ive gone in for something minor and come out with a bike!

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
500miles is chain changing time pretty much if it's the original chain.
Upgrade to xx1 chain imo and that should be good for 2k

Upgrade to xx1 chain imo and that should be good for 2k miles
Thanks ill look at that, but more likely ill switch to shimano, i had untold problems with the sram on the e150, so swapped for shimano 11sp xt and no problems since and cheaper.

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
So picked it up thursday, quick blast to set it up, and then of to Settle in yorkshire dales friday. Did ribblehed viaduct to dent and back over wold and cam fells, and the bike is an utter weapon. Changed assistance settings to plus 3 on eco and plus 1 on tour, 28miles and 3500ft of elevation and theres still over 2 bars left. Rinsed boost doing the climb out of cowgill to dent station. The bike is amazing. Going to to do howgills tomorrow, upped the tour to 2 to see how that goes! What a bike!

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Never happens to me. I research and buy what I want when the time is right and stop looking immediately until them next time is right to buy the next.

It also helps that I am very particular with what I want. Typically the local bike shop does not have it. So I cant impulse buy.

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
But then they will look after you when you are old and grey (err, actually, older than that!). But don't forget your kids get to choose your care home!!
My care home is a bridge that leads to the best trails on the Planet. I always wanted to fly and be free like a bird!

Whyte doesn't exist for those of us that live in the States, but it looks like a good bike!

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
Upgrade to xx1 chain imo and that should be good for 2k miles
As it happened when i connected it to the flow app it showed motor had only done 89miles!

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
My care home is a bridge that leads to the best trails on the Planet. I always wanted to fly and be free like a bird!

Whyte doesn't exist for those of us that live in the States, but it looks like a good bike!
Thats a shame mate, they do make great bikes, as others have said they are totally planted going downhill but just as capable going up. I dont think for me there is another brand that i would even entertain.

RiderOnTheStorm

so popped into lbs to query about main pivot on my e150rs and stupidly asked if he had any ex demo bikes.
It never hurts to ask, right? You scored a great bike at a good price! (y)

For me, I only buy from local bike shops. I think its the best experience. I can ask questions, try demos, pick the correct size, bargain (a little) on the price, inspect the bike at pickup, get live customer service, etc.

Something you can't get when buying online. Plus it helps the local economy, keeping the businesses alive!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles