Brakes again! Mounts for Shimano Saints on E160?

MartinFa

Nov 3, 2021
South Glos / North Bristol
I think I'm decided on replacing the SRAM Codes with Shimano Saints on my E160RS V1. I have 220mm rotor front & 200mm rotor on the rear. If anyone here has made such a switch, could you let me know if the calipers will fit ok on the original mounts? On the front I have a Post Mount 180-220 adaptor (presumably SRAM), on the rear is the stock Whyte Flat Mount WHYFM200 adaptor. Thanks.

Lee c

Jan 31, 2022
Uk
I think I'm decided on replacing the SRAM Codes with Shimano Saints on my E160RS V1. I have 220mm rotor front & 200mm rotor on the rear. If anyone here has made such a switch, could you let me know if the calipers will fit ok on the original mounts? On the front I have a Post Mount 180-220 adaptor (presumably SRAM), on the rear is the stock Whyte Flat Mount WHYFM200 adaptor. Thanks.

Hi mate I’m possibly going to be doing something similar sis the existing adapters work ?

MartinFa

Nov 3, 2021
South Glos / North Bristol
Hi mate I’m possibly going to be doing something similar sis the existing adapters work ?
Hi - yes, the factory fitted adaptors are fine for the Saints with 220mm front, & 200mm rear, rotors. However, the rear mount is not perfect for 200mm rotors - not even with the Codes. I think I had to jack up the back end of the rear caliper with a 0.5mm spacer/washer between mount & caliper. Your pads may sit perfectly squarely on the rotor. Mine didn't. Not quite.

hainman

Apr 8, 2021
Glasgow
Done mine and also had to adjust the calliper with some washers
Front was fine as it’s a 220 rotor and 200 direct fit on Zebs
Saints are amazing brakes

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles