Mudguards

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
What mudguards can I fit here , and is there enough space for one to fit?
Not looking for that huge mudhugger

20220922_145752.jpg

Jurassic

Subscriber
Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
I don't think you'd be able to fit anything more than one of those thin RRP Enduro Guard things in there and it's not going to do much to be honest. I put an RRP ProGuard XL on the rear of my bike (Giant Reign) in the hope that it would protect the suspension linkages and the rear of the motor but in reality all the mud just flies out the top and coats everything (including me). I've just added a Zefal Defender as well and although it looks horrible the difference is incredible, the bike and I both stay much cleaner . If you do decide to try the Enduro Guard type, have a look in Decathlon as they sell their own version which is much cheaper than the RRP and it's less money wasted if it doesn't fit.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
This is my winter mudguard set up. Made up of a cut down defender and mudhugger. Works but looks like shit but it’s only on for the winter months. (y)
View attachment 97934

I have the same Mudhugger on the rear and like you only for the winter months. Fugly but practical.

I have the below flap on all year round, stops all the shit getting into the pivot. Cut out of thin neoprene.

Last edited:

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
I don't think you'd be able to fit anything more than one of those thin RRP Enduro Guard things in there and it's not going to do much to be honest. I put an RRP ProGuard XL on the rear of my bike (Giant Reign) in the hope that it would protect the suspension linkages and the rear of the motor but in reality all the mud just flies out the top and coats everything (including me). I've just added a Zefal Defender as well and although it looks horrible the difference is incredible, the bike and I both stay much cleaner . If you do decide to try the Enduro Guard type, have a look in Decathlon as they sell their own version which is much cheaper than the RRP and it's less money wasted if it doesn't fit.
Wanted to do the same putting that front max on the rear. But I do not know how much space I need

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles