Mudguards

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Im in need of full mudguards. Bikes a Scott genius 920 with 2.25" tyres.
I see the SKS bluemels style have a 75, so that should be ok shouldnt it ?. Only looking at it, it kind of looks rather narrow, so does this 75 relate to 75mm, and has anyone fitted one of these can give me the nod before I hit buy.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Bump

Anyone ?.
I've bought a pair anyway, so once fitted will keep all the crud from hitting the back, pretty much in the area thee hoses/sensor cable comes out.
Was hoping for some advice first but none to be had it seems, so ill update this when they arrive and are fitted.

The standard ones only seem to stop mud being flung up from the back of the wheel, whereas this full guard protects the back of the front triangle and pivots.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
I bought the sks 75's as above and they are a good enough width for my tyres. Problem now im having is fitting the bloody things. They certainly weren't made with full suss in mind, so im having to adapt this, drill holes for zippies and adjust all other parts just to really get it to fit.

Problem is as im sure most are aware, is the crud coming off the rear wheel coats the main pivot point and the area the cables etc go from front to rear, so keeping that area muck free was my primary reason. It looks like the sks guard will do that job admirably, and while it might not look fantastic "but don't they all!" its going to save a lot of cleaning and hopefully maintenance.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles