mtb & moto trail trip to morzine / les gets ?

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Trying to muster a trip for next year instead of the usual big bike trip around Pyrenees .
done it before with mtbs camping and chalet but fancy taking the trail (moto) bikes as well but can't find anything other than mtb's and quad biking over there.
Anyone done this?

SteveVentoux

Patreon
May 13, 2018
Bucks
Did a 2 week trip to Morzine last summer (was out there this time last July actually), but hired an MTB and guide, no "moto" as such (you mean motor bikes or Emtb ?!). Really fantastic place to ride, but eating/drinking out was very expensive, not helped by the poor exchange rates.

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh
Am in the Swiss Alps doing MTB at the moment, would love to have my KTM EXC 500 Supermoto out here with me - the roads are as smooth as a race track. Will drive out next year with e-bike and moto.

If you want to go moto trail riding Italy is much more bike friendly and has some epic lift served MTB in Pila and La Thuile. There is some good Enduro (Moto) riding in the Italian alps I believe, not done myself but read enough bike reviews that have taken place in the area.

If you are gravity riding I think you are better with a non e-bike. I have been using my swiss friends Specialized Enduro all week and it has been epic, but we are using a cable car and 2 chair lifts to access the runs with NO uphill ;)

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh
La Thuille and Pila are not that far from Morzine by the way, just nip through the Mont Blanc tunnel from Chamonix and you are in Courmayeur on the Italian side. I ski a lot so know my way round the Alps reasonably well :)

Also @thebarber , I am on the KTM Forum as 'pmski' so know your profile already from there. Cheers

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Motor bike's and emtb, proper lazy cunt now.
Yeah it's expensive but we stayed in an alpine elements chalet last time and upgraded to food for €40 for the week, bought our own drink
I'll tent it if needs be.
I'd only take my Vitus e sommet, I like the extra weight it carries for anything serious.
I recognise pmski from the ktm forum, I flit from adventure to dirt but tbh that place is getting a bit tired.
Quite a few from there here now so hopefully banter will pick up soon eh....;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles