Mount Bosch Kiox on stem?

fisha

Feb 17, 2020
Scotland
LOL !

Slightly back on topic ... Kiox mounted in front of stem, orientated so you dont have to tilt your poor wee heads . . .

5xymE8B.jpg

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Hey Rich! Can you tell me a couple of things? Did you install the support with the stock bolt? Do you have to keep the original cap below the support? No concerns about safety, firmness, because of the bolt screwed on plastic, considering that this area is, many times, subject to great friction?

Yep, stock bolt. You can disregard the original cap, as this sits in the gap where the cap was. I used some threadlock, and it’s rock solid.

Falco

May 30, 2020
TheShed
Further to the post above, they are selling a road bike and a mtb mount that are simpler and cheaper. Like the cube acid, but actually available for purchase:
MTB version

Road bike version
And then also i found, on this site, a 'universal' one which looks to go near the stem:
Look at third picture. Select stem size then 'universal'.
Thx man. The first to links do not work (product not available I suppose); the third works and is very useful to know that a double bracket mount exist. well done

Akelu

Jul 31, 2020
Australia
Thx man. The first to links do not work (product not available I suppose); the third works and is very useful to know that a double bracket mount exist. well done

Not sure why they arent working for you, the links work fine for me. Here is a pic of each of the items, they bost cost €14.99 and are both available for purchase. Regardless, if the third link works for you, they are both available from that same page, as it gives you the option to choose between the double bracket mount and the two following ones(After selecting clamp size 31.8, you can select 'type')

I am going to purchase the first one ('MTB' Model), because compared to the cube acid one, its a) actually in stock somewhere and b) is higher up on the handlebar. The cube one has a lot of space between the handlebar mount and where the display actually is which would make it harder to see as your riding. Although the second one pictured would be the best, i think it would be much less protected if you were to crash your bike, which i guess is why they are called MTB and ROAD model. :)
131017.jpg

131018.jpg

Last edited:

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Just wondering how you’ve got with having your Kiox here a year on? I’m thinking about moving mine there.

Yep, spot on. I wouldn't have it anywhere else tbh. I still find it odd that some manufacturers choose to mount it dangling where it would come off in a crash.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles