• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Mondraker Crafty R 2023 aluminium vs Canyon Spectral:on carbon

mfeuermann

Jun 27, 2023
Czech
Hey guys, I need some advice...

I'm about to decide whether to go for the carbon Canyon Spectral:On CF7 which has Shimano EP801 900WH

or the Mondraker Crafty, aluminium with good equipment and Bosh CX4 750Wh. I ride trails, bike size XL, my weight is 108kg.

I know it's a subjective thing, just asking for an opinion on what you think is better... I'm more tempted by the Mondraker, won't I make a mistake by taking the aluminium ?

Thank you very much for your time...

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
My personal choice would be the Mondraker for these reasons:

I prefer Bosch to Shimano

I dont need a 900wh battery , 750 is already plenty for my needs.

I don't need a carbon frame , fussing over weight on a full fat ebike is like only eating half a donut because you're "watching your weight". Shouldn't be eating any bloody donuts then!

I'm wary of warranty claims with Canyon. Some examples can be found on these forums. Can't say the same for Mondraker although I'm sure they don't have a perfect record ?

As you can see 👇 I already made this choice. ☺️

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles