• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Canyon Spectral On CF8 or Canyon Torque ON CF9 ?

pdrmartins

Apr 24, 2023
Portugal
I have the Neuron On 7 and I simply love the bike! This bike is good for having fun rides with friends ,etc. But I'm considering upgrading just to have more range. My battery is a 630w and a range in profile 2 stock gave me a max of 102km and 1700 meters high. But that's the limit. And I still have fun but after 5h+ of riding and managing the Battery I was exhausted. But Done more that 2000km on the neuron and in my opinion is an underrated bike! If this bike was able to have a range extender, or a longer battery i never though of changing for a long time.

So my main issue now is : GO for a Canyon Spectral On CF8 or Canyon Torque ON CF9 ?

Both with the 900w Battery of course.

I know that one is more suitable for Enduro/downhill ( Torque on).

So any helpful information?

Thanks a lot!

Koban

Oct 15, 2023
Germany
I ride a Spectral On CFR LTD and recently added the new Torque ON CF to it. Both different bikes. Both are fun to ride. The Torque ON is a more Enduro bike park oriented bike. Has quit a lot of suspension travel 175 rear 180 front. Where the Spectral gives more fun on rides where you need to paddle ;-)

I have two 720 batteries and one 900 battery. For me both bikes are more play full with the 720. When the battery is empty I go to the car and put a fresh on in.

pdrmartins

Apr 24, 2023
Portugal
I ride a Spectral On CFR LTD and recently added the new Torque ON CF to it. Both different bikes. Both are fun to ride. The Torque ON is a more Enduro bike park oriented bike. Has quit a lot of suspension travel 175 rear 180 front. Where the Spectral gives more fun on rides where you need to paddle ;-)

I have two 720 batteries and one 900 battery. For me both bikes are more play full with the 720. When the battery is empty I go to the car and put a fresh on in.
Thank you for your input.

Keep ripping!

Th3bill

Subscriber
Oct 8, 2023
NY, USA
I’m probably the opposite of what most people do with bikes, but I’ll throw in my 2 cents.
Coming from an S-Works Ebduro (170/170) that I found plenty fun and capable riding and racing XC down in flat south Florida, I opted for the Torque On CF9. Partially due to the fact that I kinda like the “big bike doing small bike things” kinda guy….partially because it was a stupid good price on a bike loaded with upper spec stuff.
I chucked the Maxxis tires for Michelin E-Wild and swapped some purple Galfer pads into the XT brakes. Absolute ripper of a bike. I ride in central NY and so far haven’t ridden the bike once in the dry, as it’s been crap weather up here. So lotta mud, lotta wet leaves, roots, and rocks. Lot of climbing and some flat to get to DH sections. Bike goes downhill as fast as you wanna take it and easily pedals back uphill with absolute ease. My buddy on his Levo was struggling to keep up with me on chunky climbs, despite me being in Evo and having cut it back to 30% of max output assistance. It’s a brilliantly executed bike.
I can’t think either would do you wrong tbh. Both are great. What might make the deal for you is the Spectral had the 801 drive unit and the Torque currently has the 800 (the 2024 will have 801, but that’s not yet released that I’ve seen). The 800 is great, but lacks compatibility with 12 speed di2 (and all the fun whiz bang stuff that comes with that) and makes some chattery noises over chunky rocks (doesn’t bother me). Spectral also has the onboard GPS thing through Canyon (Torque does not).
That said, I’m really happy with my bike. Best I’ve ever had

Th3bill

Subscriber
Oct 8, 2023
NY, USA

Damn man! When the battery is empty!?!?
I’ve gone 15+ miles on the Torque without using more than 30% (though I leave it in Eco). I can’t imagine riding enough to use it up 🤣🤣🤣

pdrmartins

Apr 24, 2023
Portugal
I’m probably the opposite of what most people do with bikes, but I’ll throw in my 2 cents.
Coming from an S-Works Ebduro (170/170) that I found plenty fun and capable riding and racing XC down in flat south Florida, I opted for the Torque On CF9. Partially due to the fact that I kinda like the “big bike doing small bike things” kinda guy….partially because it was a stupid good price on a bike loaded with upper spec stuff.
I chucked the Maxxis tires for Michelin E-Wild and swapped some purple Galfer pads into the XT brakes. Absolute ripper of a bike. I ride in central NY and so far haven’t ridden the bike once in the dry, as it’s been crap weather up here. So lotta mud, lotta wet leaves, roots, and rocks. Lot of climbing and some flat to get to DH sections. Bike goes downhill as fast as you wanna take it and easily pedals back uphill with absolute ease. My buddy on his Levo was struggling to keep up with me on chunky climbs, despite me being in Evo and having cut it back to 30% of max output assistance. It’s a brilliantly executed bike.
I can’t think either would do you wrong tbh. Both are great. What might make the deal for you is the Spectral had the 801 drive unit and the Torque currently has the 800 (the 2024 will have 801, but that’s not yet released that I’ve seen). The 800 is great, but lacks compatibility with 12 speed di2 (and all the fun whiz bang stuff that comes with that) and makes some chattery noises over chunky rocks (doesn’t bother me). Spectral also has the onboard GPS thing through Canyon (Torque does not).
That said, I’m really happy with my bike. Best I’ve ever had
Great!!! Glad that you found your sweet spot! Sometimes is always a challenge to find the balance for what we need as a rider, and what gives us the most! thank you!

Koban

Oct 15, 2023
Germany
Damn man! When the battery is empty!?!?
I’ve gone 15+ miles on the Torque without using more than 30% (though I leave it in Eco). I can’t imagine riding enough to use it up 🤣🤣🤣
Stoped using an Garmin to see what distance and altitude meters I cover. Having fun is most important :cool: We like to go up as often as we can to have all the fun going down. Normally we cover 2000 + altitude meters on day.

And not always started with a full battery.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles