Mission Control Mission Control not recording rides

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
First time using Mission Control to log a ride tonight... and I’m a little underwhelmed...

2BD18DED-AB0E-47AF-9867-6384A11863B8.png

When what I actually did was this (luckily I also logged it on my Apple Watch as I normally do):

CF4E0948-6B51-4241-9DA4-5B1FE551BF34.png

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Didn't you change your motor ?
Yes but it was only maybe recording half of the runs a few of the times before that happened it has been ok since I had bike to be honest . First new motor run it recorded first mile as straight lines as I stopped and looked at it but it never saved it and nothing else on app but it is recording milage on the odometer though . Updated firmware etc using mission control after fitting motor and all is up to date it says . I'm away tomorrow for a few weeks on a boat so.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
And you have given the app access to your gps position “always”?
I have not changed any phone or app settings and it was working a week before. I wouldn't know how to do what you are saying about access.

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
I have not changed any phone or app settings and it was working a week before. I wouldn't know how to do what you are saying about access.
i use a gps as well as mission control and on some rides mission control is missing part of the ride. I googled how to give an ap access to gps and for iphone it was under settings --->location services on then adjusting individual aps. Hopefully this helps

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway

i use a gps as well as mission control and on some rides mission control is missing part of the ride. I googled how to give an ap access to gps and for iphone it was under settings --->location services on then adjusting individual aps. Hopefully this helps

Yes, under Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services -> Mission Control, to «Always».

Tobers

Jun 20, 2020
England
I found that running Strava at the same time as Mission Control causes one or other to drop out of tracking. In my case Strava recorded about various bits making up about half the ride and MC the other half.

Suggest trying to run just one or the other if you have previously running both.

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
I found that running Strava at the same time as Mission Control causes one or other to drop out of tracking. In my case Strava recorded about various bits making up about half the ride and MC the other half.

Suggest trying to run just one or the other if you have previously running both.

Why would you run both? Mission Control can be set to automatically upload to Strava (and with more data than Strava can collect on its own).

Tobers

Jun 20, 2020
England
Why would you run both? Mission Control can be set to automatically upload to Strava (and with more data than Strava can collect on its own).

Actually I was wanting to see if Strava and MC recorded the same ride distance, calories etc.

congerball

Jun 3, 2019
Yorkshire UK
Actually I was wanting to see if Strava and MC recorded the same ride distance, calories etc.
I tried this too and noticed small discrepancies in some of the data.
Why is the max speed different? It also happens if I record the ride in MC and then use the function to upload ride to Strava. Here’s an example, below are some screen shots, ride recorded on MC then uploaded to Strava. Which is correct? Not that it matters much just curious ?
399D85DB-8513-4180-89EA-DC6B90787626.png

45A2A7C7-196E-4A01-A2F6-36204651AFDF.jpeg

ABA2BA57-A5E7-4F8C-9424-B9AFA0ABB0A0.jpeg

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
Well, MC reads the speed and distance by wheel turns, while Strava may analyse the positional data it receives for these data points. I don’t remember exactly but I think I trust Strava more on longer rides as the wheel circumference in MC is crude.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles