Mission Control App - what do you think? What would you change? What could be better?

Tetsugaku

Founding Member
Mar 4, 2018
Brighton uk
I think it's like something from 2010. It's so bad it's barely functional.

So a few caveats before I start...

Specialized are not a software company. I understand I should moderate my expectations.

I am a consultant user experience designer with 20 years in the trade (basically, I design this stuff for a living). My opinion is assuredly not what yours is!

I'm toying with the idea of redesigning the thing professionally and just sending Specialized the design to see if they want to take any notice!

However, just having my ideas - that would be terrible, arrogant and is something professionally we never do, so I'd like to get some baseline ideas from other users.

AWESOME
- Granular control of the bike
- It has stats

NOT AWESOME
- Impossible to edit the dashboard before you've hit the start button
- Defaults to maps, not to key metrics
- Generally ugly and heard to read
- Route planning, or really, finding where you're going to is really tough
- Combined map / key metrics view is terrible, metrics are too small to see whilst you're riding
- No integration with Apple health (not sure about Android)
- Stats are ugly

So how about you? What's on your AWESOME / NOT AWESOME list?

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
NOT AWSOME
its crap and the worst for me is if you want to change something half way through a ride you open mission control, the first thing it wants to do is log on. No phone signal in the woods and your stuffed!
if you do a rewrite it please send me a copy.
I would say there are other apps out there Eplus, Blevo, Zworks, Eplus is the closest to a rewrite of mission control, not perfect but miles better than the specialized offering

Tetsugaku

Founding Member
Mar 4, 2018
Brighton uk
Thanks for those app names - I've checked them out but none of them seem to be a 'one stop shop' for the Levo, ideally I'd like Mission Control to be just that, something that does everything you need, dashboard, maps, bike control etc. in a tight tidy package that looks good, is reliable and functional :)

qwantz

Feb 22, 2018
Oregon, USA
Android App definitely has issues. I have a Pixel phone running the most up to date version of Android and the app wasn't compatible, so I had to side load it. In-app registration was broken; I had to register in browser through their website.

I'm also concerned that development seems to have stopped. The last Android app update was in August, and when I emailed the developer email asking about comparability, I received an automated email that they could not respond due to restructuring.

junglie69

Mar 22, 2018
Warminster
Hi Tetsugaku the bit I want to really understand is the tune page ie the relationship between eco/trail/turbo and max motor currant and acceleration response. There are and number of explanations out there on various forums some very complicated, well for me anyway. A proper explanation from the manufactuers would be helpful.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
last time I spoke to spesh they said there will be no further development on mission control. they do have a new version which they call "infinite tune" but for some reason they wont release it. personally I dont care about the maps and other data I just want to get the motor to behave as I like it. if you like the integrated approach look at the latest version of BLevo for android (the ios app is not so far advanced) they have a function called "smart tune"

Cyclejunkie

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2018
Deal Kent
I think it's like something from 2010. It's so bad it's barely functional.

So a few caveats before I start...

Specialized are not a software company. I understand I should moderate my expectations.

I am a consultant user experience designer with 20 years in the trade (basically, I design this stuff for a living). My opinion is assuredly not what yours is!

I'm toying with the idea of redesigning the thing professionally and just sending Specialized the design to see if they want to take any notice!

However, just having my ideas - that would be terrible, arrogant and is something professionally we never do, so I'd like to get some baseline ideas from other users.

AWESOME
- Granular control of the bike
- It has stats

NOT AWESOME
- Impossible to edit the dashboard before you've hit the start button
- Defaults to maps, not to key metrics
- Generally ugly and heard to read
- Route planning, or really, finding where you're going to is really tough
- Combined map / key metrics view is terrible, metrics are too small to see whilst you're riding
- No integration with Apple health (not sure about Android)
- Stats are ugly

So how about you? What's on your AWESOME / NOT AWESOME list?
Totally agree dude.....CRAP

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
Is there really something i hadn't noticed(not the first time); is it it really so that Mission Control cant start automatically record your rides as you start pedalling??
Why on earth i had to hit start-button in a app?? Or even open the app?

You turn your bike on>it logs automatically in Mission Control app on your phone>App starts automatically record your ride when pedalling starts. Take a ride> Then you turn your bike off>ride is automatically saved.
i am dump, or it's not year 2018 yet...

First option is most likely..

EDIT: as i said about first option. :LOL: My skenario demands that app is continuously active in backround? Bye bye phones battery life?

Last edited:

Cyclejunkie

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2018
Deal Kent
Only use it for my ECO SPORT TURBO settings as it’s a load of rubbish I use the Wahoo Bolt to record rides which is a awesome bit of kit which mounts to my stem keeping my cockpit clutter free....sorted

wildsau2

Jul 6, 2018
Germany, Karlsruhe
uploading tcx files for calculating safe rides with rest battery would be nice. tcx include height profile.

enabling training plans. for example
20 minutes warm up 120Watt (human power)
5 minutes Intervall 240 Watt
5 minutes pause 120 Watt
repeat 4 times
20 minutes cool down 120watt
the levo app should max the human power und support dynamic motor power (like the blevo app)
ok, this sounds like a home trainer thing. but in my thoughts an eMTB can be the much better training machine espac. in winter time.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
yes but that was a while ago and it was specialized uk that told me that not a dealer, but they were still wrong!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles