Mission Control Mission Control App Still Usable After March 27?

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
I received an email today telling me to download the new Specialized app, because Mission Control will be discontinued after March 27. Does this mean that we can still continue to use Mission Control on our rides after March 27, but that it will no longer be available for download, or that Mission Control will not function even if installed on your phone after March 27?

unclezz

May 3, 2020
CZ
It normally means that the app will be removed from the app stores.
So until you have it installed it will work. At least locally between your bike and your phone.
Probably they will disable features like the one that checks for available firmware updates and/or options to send logs to Specialized.

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
It normally means that the app will be removed from the app stores.
So until you have it installed it will work. At least locally between your bike and your phone.
Probably they will disable features like the one that checks for available firmware updates and/or options to send logs to Specialized.
Thanks. That's what I was thinking, too. I actually went to download the new app about a month ago after I received a notification on my phone when I went for a ride using Mission Control. So I went to download it, but I read the comments fist, and I saw a lot of negative comments about the new app. A lot of people were reporting problems with power, battery, and even charging the battery. So I decided not to download and install it. I'm nervous about this new app. Hopefully Specialized will work out the bugs.

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
I have no intention of using the new app whilst the old one is working just fine

All I can see them doing is remoivng it from the app store, as long as you hve it installed there is no reason to suspect it wont work for tuning etc etc

TheSnowShark

Subscriber
Sep 7, 2023
French-Alpes
Does anyone know where to download the old version ?, I would like to keep the possibility of reinstalling it in case of problems..

Thanks in advance 🍻

unclezz

May 3, 2020
CZ
How could an APK be modified ? 🍻

These are just old versions
🙂 they can be reversed and recompiled with trojan inside.

Until you have the checksum of the original apk you cannot be sure.
And if you use the smartphone for smart paymebt and similar I would not take the risk.

NiftyNic

Jan 6, 2024
Nevada, US
It's not in the Play Store anymore as well so I guess Specialized is pretty serious about Mission Control being a done deal.
R.I.P Mission Control, you served us well....

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
Mission Contro no longer works for me, just points me towards the new app
That's what I feared. I have not checked yet to see if that will happen with me. Might go out for a ride in a day or two, so will find out if Mission Control still works for me. Thanks for letting us know.

Alexa

Mar 30, 2024
Znojmo
Hi, I have a 2017 Specialized Turbo Levo FSR bike. Today I got a message on the Mission Control app saying that the app has been canceled and the new Specialized app needs to be installed. But it looks like the new app only supports bike models from 2019 and newer and you can't add an older model to it. I don't want to believe that they would turn off the working one and leave only the new one accessible, which does not support all models. Does anyone have experience connecting the 2017 model?

Alexa

Mar 30, 2024
Znojmo
Thanks. That's what I was thinking, too. I actually went to download the new app about a month ago after I received a notification on my phone when I went for a ride using Mission Control. So I went to download it, but I read the comments fist, and I saw a lot of negative comments about the new app. A lot of people were reporting problems with power, battery, and even charging the battery. So I decided not to download and install it. I'm nervous about this new app. Hopefully Specialized will work out the bugs.
Hi, I have a 2017 Specialized Turbo Levo FSR bike. Today I got a message on the Mission Control app saying that the app has been canceled and the new Specialized app needs to be installed. But it looks like the new app only supports bike models from 2019 and newer and you can't add an older model to it. I don't want to believe that they would turn off the working one and leave only the new one accessible, which does not support all models. Does anyone have experience connecting the 2017 model?

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
This is exactly what I feared that they were going to do. But when I read the comments under the new app, I saw a lot of complaints. Why do they do this to us? LOL!

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
Yeah. I was thinking about going out for a ride on Tuesday. Looks like I should expect to have to download the new app. Not looking forward to having to mess around with it. My bike is a Gen 3 Levo, so hopefully no problems.

johnnystorm

Jun 19, 2023
Suffolk, UK

Timbo

Aug 31, 2018
France
IMG_1083.png
Accurate recording of distance and speed😂
Failed to record most of my ride too, so I’ve deleted the app.

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
didn't collect enough Data for them...
I just watched a video on that yesterday by Edward Snowden. He claimed that the U.S. Government collects data on citizens and gives it to Israel. Anyway, glad that the new app worked for you. I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I go out for a ride.

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
The Mission Control is no longer useable for me. I got a message telling me that it has been retired and that I have to download the new Specialized app.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles