Michelin E-Wild 2.6 tyres.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I ran one for a while on the rear. Good in the dry (but the DHR2 is better) fantastic when it's tacky, shite when it's sloppy.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
I ran one for a while on the rear. Good in the dry (but the DHR2 is better) fantastic when it's tacky, shite when it's sloppy.

Cheers bud, I’ve just been looking on the “tyre” section on the forum and have very mixed results.
Cheap on eBay so just thought I’d ask the question
Thanks for reply……….stay vertical 👍

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I have used the Wild Enduro ( not E wild). They are front or back specific. The front tyre is fantastic....as good as a DHF. The rear tyre is pretty fast rolling and with good traction except when it is muddy.........but so are most tyres that do not have an open tread pattern.....so for winter use change the back for a Shorty or similar.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I've run various sets of WILD (non E) Enduro F&R over the last 4 years. It's been my default tyre, and is generally a good all rounder. This is the first winter I've tried something else (Specialized Cannibal's) and I'm glad I've made the change for the wet / mud as the softer compound is great for wet roots and rocks.
I'll go back to riding the WILD's in April, as they cope well in dry / dusty / damp conditions, as well as being reasonably fast rolling. Another plus is they have a pretty robust casing whilst remaining reasonably light at the same time.

Last edited:

Another rider

Sep 27, 2020
Dorset
In my experience pretty good tyres for all round use. Not that good in really wet muddy conditions but then that's true of lots of tyres and you need a much more open tread pattern for that. They wear well too. They were in really short supply a year or so ago but seem to be plenty around now.

Zed.

Apr 26, 2023
Deepest Bandit country (Wales)
I've been using an E-Wild on the rear of my Rail5 for several trips to Bpw & I'm not dead yet 🤡
I've also run a 'Wild Enduro' (not E-wild) on the front

SeQTvD3.jpg

but the last 2 trips I've been running a Maxxis Arseguy on the front but putting the Michlin back on for tomorrows trip(y)

only criticism of the E-wild is.... it doesn't want to keep air inside when run tubeless! annoying but seems common:cautious:

Rich.

SGS

Jan 5, 2021
Sydney
I am very happy with my E-Wilds (27.5x2.8) after having 2 DHR-II fail at the bead when they got to 2/3 worn, these tyres have been great and perform very well in all conditions

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles