Michelin E-Wild 2.6 PSI suggestions

Chicken16

Aug 26, 2023
Canberra
I've just fitted Michelin E-Wild 2.6 front and rear to my Giant Reign E+ and was hoping to see if anyone had some ideas of correct PSI to run. I ride mainly bike parks with lots of flowy berms and a few rock gardens. I weigh 95kg. I've being running 24 psi front and 26psi rear which has been ok but I've been told that may be too low. Any ideas appreciated.

Chicken16

Aug 26, 2023
Canberra
Pump em up until you have 2/3 nobbles of tread on the flat when sat on the bike on tarmac or concrete
If the front washes out in the corner then add a bit.
I wouldn't worry too much about what the gague says these days as they all read different anyway lol
Find it where you get the best handling for your weight and just go with it
Thanks, I was hoping someone here would have experience with these tyres as I'm finding it a little bit difficult to find the right pressure at the moment compared with my usual Assegai's.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
I switch between the E-Wilds and a Schwalbe Magic Mary/Big Betty combo (all 2.6) on my YT Decoy Core 4. I run 22psi in rear/20psi in front with Cushcore Pro's. Run about 2psi higher on my other emtb that is NOT set up with Cushcores. These pressures have served me well for the type of trail conditions I ride (mainly dry/loose over hard).

Chicken16

Aug 26, 2023
Canberra
I switch between the E-Wilds and a Schwalbe Magic Mary/Big Betty combo (all 2.6) on my YT Decoy Core 4. I run 22psi in rear/20psi in front with Cushcore Pro's. Run about 2psi higher on my other emtb that is NOT set up with Cushcores. These pressures have served me well for the type of trail conditions I ride (mainly dry/loose over hard).
Thanks, that's a couple of psi less than I've worked my way to. I'll give it a go tomorrow!

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Mate there is no right tyre pressure for you only wrong , which only you will know . Everyone had different weights , styles , bikes , wheels . Some use inserts and tubeless.
I’m 80kg and used those on a 27.5 kenevo roval rim , tubleless with a Rimpact insert and could go as low as 15psi on loamy trails but would usually settle for 18front/20rear as a safe setting which was grippy enough !
Imo the best setting is one notch up from disaster 😂

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles