Merida eONE-SIXTY calibration

AdrianJW

Aug 26, 2018
Oxford
Hi Everyone, I have just joined; I am new to the world of EMTBs but I have to say that I am loving it!
I have recently bought a Merida eONE-SIXTY 900E and it was immediately apparent to me that the computer was wrongly calibrated; the speedo and distance indicator were reading 30% high compared to GPS and the motor was cutting out at an actual speed of 11mph rather than 16mph.
I took it back to the retailer, who had to ask Merida to email permission to Shimano so that they could then remotely log into the bike’s computer to reset it. It appears it had been set to a much larger wheel size than 27.5 x 2.8.
I am just wondering if any other eONE-SIXTY owners have experienced the same problem or if mine was a one off issue?
Thinking back, the demonstrator I took for a test ride seemed to be reading very high as well.
Loving the bike, it’s just so capable!

37287CE1-05E3-4EB6-9023-61FC5E8D7B0D.jpeg

ChrisB NZ

Aug 21, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Nice looking bike Adrian! Looks like you have added extra polish. How could you possibly get that dirty!

I had my 800 upgraded from 25Km/hr to 32 Km/hr here in NZ by a Shimano tech. Actually tops out at about 30Km/hr. May be a wheel size thing. I haven't checked mine against GPS yet but I probably should!

AdrianJW

Aug 26, 2018
Oxford
Nice looking bike Adrian! Looks like you have added extra polish. How could you possibly get that dirty!

I had my 800 upgraded from 25Km/hr to 32 Km/hr here in NZ by a Shimano tech. Actually tops out at about 30Km/hr. May be a wheel size thing. I haven't checked mine against GPS yet but I probably should!
Hi Chris, I gave it a silicon polish when I first got it, with the intention of making it easier to clean. That didn’t last long, though; it’s much dirtier now!
In the U.K. we aren’t allowed to exceed 15mph/25kph, hence all the faffing around between Merida and Shimano getting permission to have it recalibrated. 15mph is fine for me, I’d rather have the longer battery life than outright speed.
It is worth doing a GPS check, although mine was so far out I instinctively knew something was wrong.

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
I experienced the same when I demoed a Scott eGenius with the E8000 motor. I was told the wheel size wasn't set properly, and they would need to hook it up to their computer to fix it. Your dealer should fix it easily.

AdrianJW

Aug 26, 2018
Oxford
I experienced the same when I demoed a Scott eGenius with the E8000 motor. I was told the wheel size wasn't set properly, and they would need to hook it up to their computer to fix it. Your dealer should fix it easily.
Yes, they already have fixed it. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue. I got the impression from the dealer that Merida thought it was unusual, but I’m not so sure.
From what you say, sounds like it’s more of a general Shimano issue than specifically a Merida one.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles