Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
45C147CC-6402-46E0-80DD-B56158A1D140.png

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
So will the 2020 levo not take the 500w battery and they're clearing stock ?

I'm going to wait until they get more reasonable and offer, Buy a 2019 battery - get a spare levo :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Missed that.....

I missed that you'd changed your avatar to your crash test dummy photo ! I take it the stiffness is easing ? I do have a question ? did you have some funny helmet camera which caught the "action" or, was someone there taking photo's and you're obscenely camera shy so threw yourself to the floor to avoid being photo'd ?

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
I like to take a five man film crew with me wherever I go to catch those impromptu moments. One of the perks of being a dentist don’t you know.

That or it was from a 360deg camera on my noggin

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
360deg camera on my noggin

That was the most likely option ! :) But the first option should be considered for next time to give more angles.

I was impressed that it :

A: caught the action and didn't film a magic close up view of fast moving earth/rock/roots and still managed to erase it's support despite the "manual ground zoom option"
B: wasn't destroyed by your "dentist retirement plan friendly" riding technique ...

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
I have come to the conclusion the camera crew failed to run quite fast enough and one of their dragging cables was the route cause of my unfortunate incident. One of Obama’s former aides has arranged for the entire team to be transported to a favourable country for waterboard rehabilitation to encourage them to appreciate the error of their ways.

Moving onto your points:

A; while the 360 cam lacks a little in quality compared to the alternatives it does as its name implies catch a 360 deg view from which you can at leisure select the most favourable view at a later date.

B; as a dentist I naturally selected the composite unobtanium version which rendered it impervious to my shallow attempts of inflicting damage. Unlike however my Garmin watch which can be seen skittering off down the trail without my wrist attached on the GoPro footage.

Being a fan of Mr Patey you may have already seen this YouTube video of a couple of his compadres testing a tricycle Cub. If you skip to 9:33 & on you may enjoy some of the 3rd person view footage captured on a 360 cam??

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
Ballox, i was working in Marske today so I'd planned on nipping in for a nose. Then noticed on their website they are closed on Wednesdays ffs.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I know Mr Patey he’s awesome! I’m just finishing rebuilding a Piper Super Cub and gonna get a 360 cam for the similar footage ??

Hows the baby Rob sitting ?

You'll be building a "Scrappy" next ... Be interesting to see how it performs with the fan boat prop.. He's added a few seconds of Fan boat acceleration in the vid.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles