Mavic e deemax hub

steverav1

Dec 29, 2023
Barnsley
After upgrading my wheels to mavic i went to llandegla for a shootout ride got home and checked the bike over and thought i had snapped a spoke on the front wheel then upon closer inspection it's the hub that has broken where the spoke attaches waiting on the shop i bought them from for warranty/replacement
Has anyone had this issue

PXL_20240213_114310660.jpg PXL_20240213_114318290.jpg

Tootsmachoots

Apr 14, 2024
Bangor
This issue has occurred with my Mavic 27.5" rear wheel too. The Haibike All mnt 10 came with Mavic wheelset, the bike is still within warranty, although the bike shop states on their site The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear which includes spokes. So not sure if they will honour with this issue. Although for me it seems like a manufacturing failure with the Hub spoke retaining lugs.
Any thoughts guys?

PXL_20240413_164528206.jpg PXL_20240413_164604467.MP.jpg

steverav1

Dec 29, 2023
Barnsley
mavic have honoured the warranty claim but nowhere in the uk has any stock ive been waiting 8 weeks now and the shop i bought from still doesn't have any they are sending me a brand new wheel when they get one

Dhd12

Subscriber
Aug 27, 2023
Almería (Provincia)
This issue has occurred with my Mavic 27.5" rear wheel too. The Haibike All mnt 10 came with Mavic wheelset, the bike is still within warranty, although the bike shop states on their site The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear which includes spokes. So not sure if they will honour with this issue. Although for me it seems like a manufacturing failure with the Hub spoke retaining lugs.
Any thoughts guys?

View attachment 138360 View attachment 138361
Definitely a warranty job. I have the E Deemax S wheelset. I had to tighten a few spokes, but it’s very easy. Very impressed with the wheel set and have 1800 hard kilometres on them. Very rocky here in the mountains in Andalusia

steverav1

Dec 29, 2023
Barnsley
Any thoughts guys?

View attachment 138360 View attachment 138361
hub failure for me mate deffinatly mine happend on first ride so wasnt going to take any shite

Tootsmachoots

Apr 14, 2024
Bangor
mavic have honoured the warranty claim but nowhere in the uk has any stock ive been waiting 8 weeks now and the shop i bought from still doesn't have any they are sending me a brand new wheel when they get one
Waiting time is very poor, but at least Mavic have acknowledged a manufacturing fault.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles