Massively complex question - should I buy EMTB and if so, which one?

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
I don't think he's saying that. You're only reading one line of what he's said and therefore quoting/reading out of context ?

View attachment 127805

He means that the fun and capability downhill because of the weight saving, makes up for having a lower powered motor.

That's how I read it anyway and seen as he has both I'm pretty sure he knows his KSL in Turbo is more like Eco on his Kenevo.
Yeah fair enough. It just doesn't really make sense to me. I suppose this is the internet where we can say one thing is more fun than another as if it's a indisputable fact.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Yeah fair enough. It just doesn't really make sense to me. I suppose this is the internet where we can say one thing is more fun than another as if it's a indisputable fact.
It's all subjective.

Personally, I think he's completely insane :p:ROFLMAO: Unless the bike was also manufacturing beer on the way down for you to have a slurp of before the painful ride back up without Full Fat power - there's is no way, no matter how fun it is - that it can balance out :) But I'm lazy - so that's my perspective.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD

As far as I know, there’s no objective scale for measuring fun, it’s always going to be an opinion, although most share the opinion that lighter bikes are more fun to ride downhill.

The only place I’ve found the ksl less fun than my full fat Kenevo is on technical e-bike climbs, the sort of stuff you would never attempt to ride up on a non e-bike, because the extra torque of the ff lets you go harder. Winching up fire roads on the limiter works just as well on ksl, it just doesn’t last as long as the ff.

It’s not perfect, the motor noise is awful and another couple of kg less weight would be good.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles