Main Pivot Protection

LeeS69

Aug 27, 2022
Yorkshire
Another cracking ride out on the Rise tonight, and back out tomorrow so she's sat charging up!

BUT - the linkage is a crap magnet, I've seen a few posts with zip tying some neoprene etc to cover it.

What are people doing out there, would consider a new guard etc (using muckynutz at the moment)

Looking for solutions not moaning - my cross bike does the same thing but even worse the gear cable on that runs right through it 😀

It's not causing any issues, but not the best for the pivots life expectancy!!

IMG20230719230408.jpg

Last edited:

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
I’m have a Firebird and a Shuttle LT. As the Shuttle is my main Pivot, I do try to protect it.

LeeS69

Aug 27, 2022
Yorkshire
My solution is a thick rubber pad and a sicomtb fender. Untill now it works but the truth will be seen in winter and muddy conditions.

View attachment 120652
View attachment 120653
That mudguard offers much better protection there than the Muckynutz, it actually directs the crud right at the pivot, might have to find something to make a cover like that. The advantage of the mucknutz is it's a lot longer with the extension on and protects your saddle/backside..

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
The small rubber flap over the pivot is a good idea and https://sicomtbproducts.com/ offers a small fender also
i modified a MunkyNutzs fender fender to protect the pivot and part of the dropper post. Small debris can still get into the frame gap at the pivot location but a perfectly sized rock is less likely (horrible sound).

IMG_4572.jpeg

LeeS69

Aug 27, 2022
Yorkshire
The small rubber flap over the pivot is a good idea and https://sicomtbproducts.com/ offers a small fender also
i modified a MunkyNutzs fender fender to protect the pivot and part of the dropper post. Small debris can still get into the frame gap at the pivot location but a perfectly sized rock is less likely (horrible sound).

View attachment 120672
I've actually got one of those on the front and used the short fender on the back - moved the proper rear fender they brought out but might have to look at this option again, it did cover better lower down! Might have a swap around!

jcismo1

Jul 22, 2021
Colorado
While I can’t take credit for this, because I found this somewhere. Just install a front fender on the back. It’s longer and protects this area really well. My only regret was not finding out about it sooner. Notice all of the rock chips.

IMG_0706.jpeg

mascifm

Aug 23, 2021
Maine
I made one myself:
View attachment 120832
Very cool. How can I get you to make one for me?

Frankyspec

Dec 3, 2022
Belgium
I made one myself:
View attachment 120832
can I buy of order it somewhere? I have a rise m team 2023 coming …

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles