Lyrik fork issue

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
I have got a 2019 Kenevo with RockShox Lyrik forks RCT3, 27.5", Solo Air. I did a service on them today. Although I had a rockshox joint kit for lyriks the wave washer was not included, so I did not replace this. I cannot find a service pdf for the lyrik forks with solo air so was using the service pdf for duel air/debonair.

Does anyone know where I can find a service pdf for the lyrik with solo air?

In the the one I was using today (2018 Lyrik and Yari) , for the charger damper it says "Remove the seal head from the damper shaft and discard it." Since I did not have this part in my service kit, I did not go ahead with servicing the damper. Also, it says replace the crush washer under the bolt on the air spring side, but my forks did not come with a crush washer in the first place - although it is shown on the diagram of the lyrik fork in the service manual.

It would be great if I could find service instructions that matched the forks I have, but I cannot find them on the SRAM site, which seems odd as there must have been loads of Lyriks sold with solo air.

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
Use the instructions for the Debonair, this is the solo air version. Crush washer will have been squashed into the bolt and need careful removal with a pick. If you look at the bolt there should be what looks like a black ring surrounding the shaft. This is what happens to the crush washer when you tighten it.

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
Thanks. I also now found in the SRAM archive instructions for the 2016/2017 Lyrik solo air fork. I wonder if this is the same as my 2019 fork? In the official Rockshox lyric kit I got there were a couple of small black plastic washers. I guess these are the crush washers. There was also a silvery washer which I also thought was a crush washer as those I’ve used in the past on motorbikes have always been metal. Although the kit I bought was sold as service for lyrik forks, neither the wavy washer in the air spring not the bumper stop for the damper were included. In the 2016 instructions it says if this is not replaced, the fork may not perform properly. Also, in the instructions, there is nothing said about getting rid of negative air pressure. Fortunately, on one of the you tube videos the last stage is compressing the forks right down, releasing air by pushing on the bolts on the fork lowers until they remain compressed without bouncing up. In face the service instructions tell you to do the opposite and pull the forks to full extension. In the past because of a negative/trapped air issue, my Levo forks lost half their travel.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles