lower power settings

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
the lowest you can set the power on the Rise in the shimano app is 20nm of torque. I would like to be able to set it lower to mimic an analog bike. Yes I can turn off the assist but then I have the drag of the motor. Does anyone know if there is a other app that would let me set it lower to like 10nm of torque?

Borbea

Nov 13, 2022
Sweden
The drag you feel is not motor drag. Remove the chain (with motor off) and spin the cranks, they spin forever it feels like.

The drag you feel is from tyres and wheels. Also from weight If you have alu with 540 battery.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@Cavi If you really want to know where to set the pedal assist, measure your heart rate up a climb on your mtb. Then when you have fully recovered, do the same on your emtb with the assist at the lowest level. Vary the assist and gears until you achieve the same time up the hill. Compare heart rates. Reduce or increase the assist until you get parity. No cheating.

It may take several runs, but you will find the assist rate that compensates for the heavier bike and draggier tyres.

Myself, I couldn't be arsed even if I was young and healthy. It doesn't apply to me anyway because I need the assist to overcome my arthritic knee problems.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
the lowest you can set the power on the Rise in the shimano app is 20nm of torque. I would like to be able to set it lower to mimic an analog bike.

Get the STUnlocker app. There is an area where you can set minimum torque. I've not modified this parameter myself, only looked at the boxes.

TimC7

Ovine Assaulter
Apr 22, 2023
UK
The drag you feel is not motor drag. Remove the chain (with motor off) and spin the cranks, they spin forever it feels like.

The drag you feel is from tyres and wheels. Also from weight If you have alu with 540 battery.
I agree, zero drag from the motor when switched off, just a heavier MTB which you only notice on an incline.

And STunlocker is much better than the standard Shimano app.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles