Lordgun Bicycles

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Bought my 2019 Kenevo through them .. was equally concerned :)

Think it took about 5 days to dispatch and 2 days to come - Italy to Northern France.

Was packed in the Spesh box and all was good. You obviously have more to put together than with a shop purchased bike, but for me I preferred that as my previous shop purchased bike had been put together by a one handed blind man with 10 minutes to spare and had obviously never seen a bicycle before.

The bike had been unboxed, checked, firmwares updated and re-boxed meticulously.

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Anyone had experience with Lordgun Bicycles? I am in the market for a 2020 Kenevo. They have the Expert listed as £5,319.87 which is substantially cheaper than £7000 I've seen at all l UK based stores. Lordgun appear to be based in Italy, so that is obviously a major downside versus dealing with a LBS, but to save at least £1600, might it be worth a punt?

https://www.lordgunbicycles.co.uk/specialized-turbo-kenevo-expert-3

Cheers
Contact your local dealer and ask if they can price match a 10% discount. Tell them you would much rather buy from them as they are closer and you would rather suppport local businesses if possible.
I tried it with Specialized concept store on Black Friday and they were happy to match a 20% discount I had seen elsewhere for payment in cash, no credit.

andrewl

Apr 7, 2020
Scotland
Bought my 2019 Kenevo through them .. was equally concerned :)

Think it took about 5 days to dispatch and 2 days to come - Italy to Northern France.

Was packed in the Spesh box and all was good. You obviously have more to put together than with a shop purchased bike, but for me I preferred that as my previous shop purchased bike had been put together by a one handed blind man with 10 minutes to spare and had obviously never seen a bicycle before.

The bike had been unboxed, checked, firmwares updated and re-boxed meticulously.

Great info thanks. Don't mind putting it together myself, part of the experience of getting to know the bike. It would be interesting to see how they respond to warranty repairs. It would be a pain in the a** to send to Italy, but then again if I bought a YT Decoy, the other bike on my shortlist, I'd have had to have sent to Germany. Its doable. Strange how the price is so much cheaper in other European countries, maybe Specialized were hedging based on Brexit being a shitshow and collapsing the pound (at least more than it has already).

By the way, when you go to add add the bike to your shopping cart it's listed as "On request". I guess this means they don't hold it in stock. I've sent them an e-mail to see if they can indeed supply it, so I'll see what they say. If I do order it will be on credit card, at least that gives me Section 75 protection if it all goes tits up (ie I can request a chargeback if there are any issues).

Cheers

Last edited:

andrewl

Apr 7, 2020
Scotland
Contact your local dealer and ask if they can price match a 10% discount. Tell them you would much rather buy from them as they are closer and you would rather suppport local businesses if possible.
I tried it with Specialized concept store on Black Friday and they were happy to match a 20% discount I had seen elsewhere for payment in cash, no credit.

Already tried this with Edinburgh Bicycle Company (basically the only shop in town in Aberdeen at the moment). They said best they could do was throw in some mudguards :cautious:

andrewl

Apr 7, 2020
Scotland
Update from Lordgun:

"Thank you for getting in touch.
We are indeed fully operating, These On-Request products are purchased as any normal product, once we receive your order we are able to order this from our supplier. However, kindly note that products on Pre-Order and On-Request are heavily delayed as our suppliers are still currently closed due to the lock down in Italy and therefore we do not have consignment times available.

We also strongly advise not to currently choose the Postal Service as we are experiencing extreme delays. Rather opt for one of our Express services such as DHL,FedEx or UPS as they are still operating.

We remain available for any further assistance.
Kind regards

LordGun Team
Customer Care"

Neale

Apr 2, 2020
Hereford
Great info thanks. Don't mind putting it together myself, part of the experience of getting to know the bike. It would be interesting to see how they respond to warranty repairs. It would be a pain in the a** to send to Italy, but then again if I bought a YT Decoy, the other bike on my shortlist, I'd have had to have sent to Germany. Its doable. Strange how the price is so much cheaper in other European countries, maybe Specialized were hedging based on Brexit being a shitshow and collapsing the pound (at least more than it has already).

By the way, when you go to add add the bike to your shopping cart it's listed as "On request". I guess this means they don't hold it in stock. I've sent them an e-mail to see if they can indeed supply it, so I'll see what they say. If I do order it will be on credit card, at least that gives me Section 75 protection if it all goes tits up (ie I can request a chargeback if there are any issues).

Cheers
I've been in contact ref on request and they can't give a definite timeline for getting these in due to supplier not open at the moment ?

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Cracking price but obviously no stock for a while. I would like to buy local when I change my 2019, but you can't ignore this price. I think there is a seller on pinkbike also that imports these for a realistic price.

Wax

May 2, 2021
mag00000
This may be an old thread but I jsut bought from lordgun and got a nasty surprise. They have a Australian website but they ship from italy so I now have a 292 Australian bill to get the parts through customs. I suggest you use Paypal with these people as it would seem I am not the only one who has suffered from this when looking online

Norange

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
Yep, that's pretty shady, others seems to be a bit more upfront about where they're shipping from - without having an address that obfuscates origin. Not sure how paypal will help though, just need to keep flagging them up so people are aware.

Reactions: Wax

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
This is happening all over online shopping, not just for Bikes. It's easy to register a domain name in each country then google will send you to the local one no matter where they are based. This has become a lot more prevalent since Brexit also, UK based companies using EU Country Domains and visa-versa. Lots of complaints on various forums about customs duty as the buyer thought the company was based in their country. Unfortunately there are no rules around doing this. I have started checking "contact us" etc on web pages now to at least give myself a fighting chance of not paying duty.

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
I have started checking "contact us" etc on web pages now to at least give myself a fighting chance of not paying duty.

Same here. Not least so that I have a contact phone number and email address just in case the vendor "forgets" to tell me that they are waiting for stock - even though the item was listed as "In Stock". (Which happened recently with one of my favourite German webshops. I got a grovelling apology and my goods were despatched a couple of days later as soon as they arrived in the warehouse.)

If the webshop is located in a country where I cannot easily phone them, then I look elsewhere.

Roger20

Mar 6, 2020
West Yorkshire UK
This may be an old thread but I jsut bought from lordgun and got a nasty surprise. They have a Australian website but they ship from italy so I now have a 292 Australian bill to get the parts through customs. I suggest you use Paypal with these people as it would seem I am not the only one who has suffered from this when looking online
Don't use PayPal, at least not in the UK because it's treated as a third party so S75 protection is lost although chargeback might work as a last resort. PayPal buyer protection can be useless - took me 6 months to resolve using chargeback and that was only because my credit card company was effectively on my side by telling the seller that he had to collect the goods (from the USA!)

Wax

May 2, 2021
mag00000
Yes I have escalated to a PayPal dispute and from there I will got to my bank credit card. I really deislike companies that use these deceitful tactics

Norange

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
Not sure what PP can do in this scenario really. Would be interesting to see how it turns out. It is obvious if you read their T&Cs, but who bloody does that ever? The thing that makes it obvious is the pricing - ex VAT and base currency converted is always going to be a weird figure.

Wax

May 2, 2021
mag00000
Not sure what PP can do in this scenario really. Would be interesting to see how it turns out. It is obvious if you read their T&Cs, but who bloody does that ever? The thing that makes it obvious is the pricing - ex VAT and base currency converted is always going to be a weird figure.
We have the Australian consumers protection act which is against this sort of thing.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Whilst it's hard not to sympathise with your experience, it's only common sense and normal practice to check what and where you're buying things from with internet vendors. I guess you found something which was $300 less than anywhere else, got excited, clicked buy before they remedied the price ?

Their approach of multiple sites also has advantages for the customers (and many of the mainstream vendors do the same). How many times have we spent hours searching all the sites for bikes/parts we want only to goto checkout and find "not available for delivery in your country" at least this way what you see is what you can get.

As I've said, I bought a bike from there, but I looked and you could see it was coming from Italy. I'm not sure we can blame companies if we don't read what's there in front of us ?

Good luck with the E10 build, hopefully no more nasty surprises !

Wax

May 2, 2021
mag00000
Whilst it's hard not to sympathise with your experience, it's only common sense and normal practice to check what and where you're buying things from with internet vendors. I guess you found something which was $300 less than anywhere else, got excited, clicked buy before they remedied the price ?

Their approach of multiple sites also has advantages for the customers (and many of the mainstream vendors do the same). How many times have we spent hours searching all the sites for bikes/parts we want only to goto checkout and find "not available for delivery in your country" at least this way what you see is what you can get.

As I've said, I bought a bike from there, but I looked and you could see it was coming from Italy. I'm not sure we can blame companies if we don't read what's there in front of us ?

Good luck with the E10 build, hopefully no more nasty surprises !
When I bought the parts it was off a .com.au which you can not get with out an ABN or a tax file number, I did a whois search on the domain name they are using longgun.com.au. it was registered to another company who supplies register domain names for companies who cant get them in the country they want due to not having the abn or tax file number. I rang and spoke to my accountant for my own online business and asked what the deal was with this and he said they do it but its not supposed to happen he suggested a email to the Australian competition & consumer commission . So i then wrote a report to the ACCC on both business as there is nothing on their Australian site to show its anyway but in Australia and the other company is allowing it to happen. I will leave it in the hands of the ACCC, while i may end up being duped out some money I want to make sure that its not happening anymore.
Im not sure what you mean by remedied the price? the price shown when i checked out was the same as on the website.
"

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
..... as there is nothing on their Australian site to show its anyway but in Australia "

Yep, they're keeping it well hidden;

1620285774336.png

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
So i then wrote a report to the ACCC on both business as there is nothing on their Australian site to show its anyway but in Australia and the other company is allowing it to happen.

I dunno, man. This is what shows on the front page of www.lordgun.com.au as default. I think there's some clue that these guys might not be Aussie through-and-through, or just might have some weird thing for Italy.

Lordgun top.jpg

lordgun bottom.jpg

Wax

May 2, 2021
mag00000
Thats because its picking up your location and displaying that.
This is what I get. you know they actually had to go to another company to get this domain name don't you. It was not an accident and it was shady practice. There is a reason that you can not get .com.au sites with out a tax file number or an abn "Australian business number "

Capture123.JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles