LordGun

Status
Not open for further replies.

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 14, 2019
Norfolk
Guys - has anyone used the above for parts to be sent to the UK? I've looked in the search menu and I can see that a few outside of the UK have used them. Previous wants from Italy, came to nothing in the end, so I'm looking for positive/negative experiences, or do we all in the UK, support our own LBS, first and foremost...

TIA

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I ordered a bike from them (to France) - all was well. Contact was a bit lacking initially, but when I last spoke with them they were excellent.

At the time it turned out quite a few people had used them .. @Kiwi in Wales was one that springs to mind ..

For most other things, I end up with either who has it in stock, then cheapest/delivery times ... Everytime I seem to try to "support a vendor" or "support a bike shop" or "support a country" ... I end up flat on my arse ! :)

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 14, 2019
Norfolk
I ordered a bike from them (to France) - all was well. Contact was a bit lacking initially, but when I last spoke with them they were excellent.

At the time it turned out quite a few people had used them .. @Kiwi in Wales was one that springs to mind ..

For most other things, I end up with either who has it in stock, then cheapest/delivery times ... Everytime I seem to try to "support a vendor" or "support a bike shop" or "support a country" ... I end up flat on my arse ! :)

My point exactly. Whilst I have a good rapport with my LBS, they 'understand' why I choose to spend my coin elsewhere. Yes, I can appreciate that they have a business etc to run, however it's sometimes very hard, when you can buy the exact same product much much cheaper from across the waters.. I was just wondering what their postal service was like given the pandemic? That said, I've had parcels arrive from Asia, quicker than I've had stuff, dispatched from within the UK :confused:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I was just wondering what their postal service was like given the pandemic? That said, I've had parcels arrive from Asia, quicker than I've had stuff, dispatched from within the UK :confused:
There doesn't seem to be any logical pattern. We've had things arrive in 24 hours from vendors which usually take a week and things take 10 days from people who are normally quick .. It was pre-pandemic, but the bike arrived faster than estimated.

Over the last month on my "armour fest" I've purchased from several (though not lord gun). Alltricks have been the fastest consistently and Chain reaction have been the slowest consistently. Just ordered a new derailleur via alltricks, after mine went full yoga, just because they've been the quickest with everything else.

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 14, 2019
Norfolk
Ordered a set of Magura Mt7 from LG took 4 day's to deliver had no problems at all.

Did you pay for their fast tracked postage, or go with their free service? :unsure:

My order has been dispatched today, with free delivery, as I'm in no particular rush for my items (hopefully..)

Baffled 1

Nov 10, 2019
Warwick
Sorry for late reply. I have used both paid £6 delivery on the MT7's as I wanted them quickly and tracked as for the value and free delivery was a extra 2 day's. The paid delivery was made on a Friday delivered Monday. Free delivery was made on Monday and delivered Friday. I certainly cannot get delivery in this country that quick unless I pay for next day.
So you should be okay and LG still use dhl for free delivery. ??

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
Guys - has anyone used the above for parts to be sent to the UK? I've looked in the search menu and I can see that a few outside of the UK have used them. Previous wants from Italy, came to nothing in the end, so I'm looking for positive/negative experiences, or do we all in the UK, support our own LBS, first and foremost...

TIA
I have used them for tyres, prompt service, the best however for choice, price and reliability is www.bike24.com

Lun

Sep 5, 2020
CH
I've bought many thing from Lordgun (including a Turbo Levo which was delivered in 3 days!) and never had a problem. I did try the express service once but it ended up taking longer to deliver. Might have been just bad luck though.

All in all, great prices and fast shipping. Definitely recommended.

Reactions: 118

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 14, 2019
Norfolk
Guys - just to report, parcel arrived yesterday, which took less than their quoted minimum of 6 days, with free postage. Like you've all stated above, would highly recommend.... Thanks again (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.