Levo Gen 3 Looking for frame protection for gen3 levo

Jorva 1983

May 10, 2022
Belgium
i finnaly got my replacement frame. after a long wait.
the frame is still bare without any components and i have read that its the best way to put frame protection on it. It does already have the original frame protection.
so wich kit is the best for a gen3 levo? My new frame is black with parts that are clear coated carbon. I woud like to keep this vissible.

KTMJack

Dec 9, 2021
Oakley Ca.
the frame is still bare without any components and i have read that its the best way to put frame protection on it. It does already have the original frame protection.
so wich kit is the best for a gen3 levo? My new frame is black with parts that are clear coated carbon. I woud like to keep this vissible.
Ride Wraps

RM.SGO

Apr 25, 2020
Danville, CA
I used the Ride Wrap custom kit for my recent S-Works Frameset build. The application process is pretty good once you sort of get the hang of it. The coverage is really good. I would also buy the Specialized kit as well and apply the downtube piece over the Ride Wrap as its a bit thicker and adds extra protection, particularly if you sling your bike over the tailgate of a truck.

Mikes56

Aug 30, 2021
CA
I did the Ride Wraps on my wife and my new Levos. Kind of a pain in the ass to install and it didn’t come out perfect. It’s still protecting the paint even though it’s got a couple small bubbles.

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
www.invisiframe.co.uk

damo926

Feb 18, 2022
So Cal
I did gloss Ridewrap on my black/carbon expert when it was brand new before any rides, and did the fork kit as well. It takes time to do it well, hours, not something to rush. It's done its job other than chainstays where it's pulling off from shoe rub. I agree with the poster about the OEM down tube protection, it's much thicker than RR but can't really be used in place of it with the kit.

Jorva 1983

May 10, 2022
Belgium
Thnx for the replies. question. When installing the ridewrap or invisiframe kit. Do you remove the original protection?

veryoldfart

Oct 1, 2020
Suffolk
I put invisiframe on both our Gen 2 Comp Carbon Levos and after 3 years decent use they still looked excellent.

Done the same with our replacement Gen 3 Levos ( also bare carbon). Looks fantastic, works really well.

No hesitation to recommend, but get it done by a professional or you may regret it.

VOF

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Thnx for the replies. question. When installing the ridewrap or invisiframe kit. Do you remove the original protection?
In my case I put it over the original protection, using a heat gun briefly to help it conform around the factory pieces.

Joop E-Bike

Mar 2, 2020
Spain
I think this fits very well with my colour bought in China, €15 nice quality.
I have a little bit of paint damage, so the top of one I had to fit a little bit higher.

11807443-D707-4F4B-B612-219263EDCEF4.jpeg B4345E2F-4BB5-4A72-B0BB-51EB85ACB6C6.jpeg

Jorva 1983

May 10, 2022
Belgium
Hello guys. Today i finally came to installing the invisiframe kit on my new levo frame

I have done the rear triangle en crank arms and fork. And now looking to do the rest of the frame (the large parts)
I wanted to start with the rear of the seat tube. Where i woud need to remove the original protection film…. Does the levo decal come of when removing the original film? or does it stay on the frame?

Then the top tube part…. There are decals with frame nr ect just above the rear shock. Does the invisiframe kit go over these or not?

0AAE4AC2-81FA-49D2-A448-45972A87D728.jpeg 836792D6-A781-4286-8ECD-41F6362F9AFE.jpeg

damo926

Feb 18, 2022
So Cal
Same bike and color way. I removed all of the stock protectors even though others on this thread indicated I didn't necessarily need to. None of the factory decals came off with the protector, so I covered over them with the film with no problem.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles