Looking for emtbers for rides in DMV (DC, MD, VA)

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
Hello,

I just purchased a Decoy recently and am looking for other like minded emtb riders to get some emtb rides going in the suburban DC area. In the week I've had my Decoy I've ridden at Fountainhead and Patapsco state park and I'm loving it. I've been riding mountain bikes for over 20 years and am finding the ebike an awesome and exciting extension of normal mountain biking.

I'd really like to get together with some other emtbers in the area, so far I don't know anyone else with an emtb.

If anyone in the DMV area wants to hook up for a emtb ride, please DM me. I live in northern Virginia. I'm also looking to do a ride soon to the Massanutten Western slope as it is completely ebike friendly and has I believe about 1100 feet of vert.

Bmwgsboy

Aug 26, 2019
USA
I’m not in your area ( jersey), but are you finding people more willing to accept emb in the east coast?

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
I’m not in your area ( jersey), but are you finding people more willing to accept emb in the east coast?
Yes in the DC area, MD passed a bill in April which designates all class 1 bikes as bicycles giving access wherever normal bikes can go unless otherwise posted, same in NOVA parks. National forests not yet but I think the tide is turning.

Riders, my mtb buddies are generally skeptical and even though they dont say it I can tell they don't like hanging with me because I don't get tired on climbs. I'm starting to get the feeling that I may not get invited on rides as much just because I'm not suffering along with my buds. Sort of a brethren with mtbers that lacks when everyone isn't on a level playing field.

What about up in Jersey?

Bmwgsboy

Aug 26, 2019
USA
I’m really not sure as far as Jersey roll is concerned you’re allowed to ride them anywhere. I’m just starting to get into it I ordered my levo, so I’m waiting for the 2020. It looks like the few bike shops that I go to they have been starting to sell quite a few and I have been Seeing them around my area which is a big baking area so the future looks bright.

jabberwocky

Sep 9, 2019
Leesburg, VA
I'm giving the Decoy a serious look... Been riding a Mojo HD for years (5-spot before that) and have a DH background so the Decoy looks right up my alley. Kinda fallen out of MTB the past few years.

I'm in Leesburg.

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
I'm giving the Decoy a serious look... Been riding a Mojo HD for years (5-spot before that) and have a DH background so the Decoy looks right up my alley. Kinda fallen out of MTB the past few years.

I'm in Leesburg.

Me too, rode DH for many years, Decoy feels a lot like a DH bike. If you end up getting one or any emtb message me so we can hook up! I live in Reston.

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
Well, bike ordered (decoy pro). We’ll see how long it takes to arrive!
Nice! Hopefully sooner than later! Message me when you get it up and running, I've been itching to get on an all emtb ride with others!

jabberwocky

Sep 9, 2019
Leesburg, VA
Bike showed up this week; between work and teaching a class at the makerspace here in town, I haven't done much more than assemble it and roll around the neighborhood. Itching to get it out on some real trails!

Superk

Jul 8, 2018
Manlius NY
So Hows the Emtb experience going in the Patapsco area. Im in Upstate NY and been riding MTB for 25 years. Purchased an Emtb about a year and a half ago and find my interest is no longer on the Ibis HD3. I just seem to have a lot more fun and enjoyment on the Bulls AM4. I ride much more frequently than before . I have relatives in MD and for years would ride into patapsco from there house on MTB's . As we all age Im finding Im the only one riding anymore. So last year I came down with my Emtb and rode 25 miles into patapsco. Im planning to do the same next week and wondering how emtb's are being viewed / accepted.

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
In Ptap it is legal to ride eMTB, no one can tell you otherwise. As far as how accepted, it depends because there's always a douche in every crowd that is jealous of the ebike...personally haven't had any issues riding there with anyone.

danrodcr

Jan 9, 2020
Virginia USA
Hello,

I just purchased a Decoy recently and am looking for other like minded emtb riders to get some emtb rides going in the suburban DC area. In the week I've had my Decoy I've ridden at Fountainhead and Patapsco state park and I'm loving it. I've been riding mountain bikes for over 20 years and am finding the ebike an awesome and exciting extension of normal mountain biking.

I'd really like to get together with some other emtbers in the area, so far I don't know anyone else with an emtb.

If anyone in the DMV area wants to hook up for a emtb ride, please DM me. I live in northern Virginia. I'm also looking to do a ride soon to the Massanutten Western slope as it is completely ebike friendly and has I believe about 1100 feet of vert.
Hi, I live very close to Fountainhead, I ride a Intense Tracer but I am close to buy a E-MTB, deciding between a Levo 2020 comp, Kenevo comp or Decoy. I’ll get one late Feb. Looking forward to ride Western Slopes, GW Forest and Elizabeth Furnace soon!! How is Decoy for FH?

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
Hi, I live very close to Fountainhead, I ride a Intense Tracer but I am close to buy a E-MTB, deciding between a Levo 2020 comp, Kenevo comp or Decoy. I’ll get one late Feb. Looking forward to ride Western Slopes, GW Forest and Elizabeth Furnace soon!! How is Decoy for FH?

I love riding the Decoy at FH, never had as much fun on a bike there until I got a Decoy!!

I also have a Tracer for my regular ride! PM your info at some point, we should meet up for a ride.

Still do not have a regular group of Emtber's to ride with but definately want to get one going. At FH the pace is just too quick on emtb to really enjoy a ride with regular MTB's (no offense intended to anyone on that comment).

BikingBad

Sep 6, 2022
USA
Yes in the DC area, MD passed a bill in April which designates all class 1 bikes as bicycles giving access wherever normal bikes can go unless otherwise posted, same in NOVA parks. National forests not yet but I think the tide is turning.

Riders, my mtb buddies are generally skeptical and even though they dont say it I can tell they don't like hanging with me because I don't get tired on climbs. I'm starting to get the feeling that I may not get invited on rides as much just because I'm not suffering along with my buds. Sort of a brethren with mtbers that lacks when everyone isn't on a level playing field.

What about up in Jersey?
I know this is an old thread but I’m unable to find any info online on your claim that MD passed a bill allowing eMTB on state parks. Planning to ride Patapsco tomorrow so would like to confirm.

BikingBad

Sep 6, 2022
USA
Heres a thread bump for your question

Hopefully squeegee will get back with an answer soon (y)

Thx. Decided to ride and ask for forgiveness later. SL riders only 😊

4D8E3E26-F1E1-4056-8975-10F618BCBDC8.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles